2016 R1 Exhaust? - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Yamaha YZF-R1 - R1M General Discussion General discussion area specific to the 2015 Yamaha R1M model. Please post all YZF-R1 R1M related topics in this section.

31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
2-wheels for life

2016 R1 Exhaust?

Hey r1 world,

Picking up my 2016 Yamaha r1 tomorrow, way too geeked right now. Looking up different exhausts but of course you have YouTube video's that do no justice, biased opinions etc. Wanted to ask all of you what you decided to go with or what you have heard on a 15-16 r1/r1s and what you all think sounds good. I had an 07 r1 so I am new to the crossplane crank but I'm looking at the M4 slip-on with cat eliminator (An opinion on ceramic vs titanium and why would be awesome if any of you know), Toce, 2 brothers, Graves. I do have some money to spend but I'm also not spending 2-3k on an Akra. I'm a street/canyon rider.

Open to whatever opinion and I appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 04:34 PM
The R1S Guy!

I was looking at the M4/Two Brother's shorty exhaust but I ended up going with the Hindle Evolution 3/4 with a full carbon can after talking to people around here.

It won't be here until Monday, however I know it sounds great, the quality is good and it can be had for for $560 - $660 depending on the muffler you want, very affordable.

Hindle Evolution 3/4 Exhaust System Yamaha YZF-R1 15-16 - Sportbike Track Gear

Jason P. likes this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 06:11 PM
I eat my R1

I prefer the tone/sound/ and look of the two brothers. but thats just me.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 07:53 PM
The R1S Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkyy View Post
I prefer the tone/sound/ and look of the two brothers. but thats just me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS0negVarr4
Great exhaust I'm sure, you know I was going to order it myself, but the others were right, you can forget a belly pan/plate if you go with something like this.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 08:23 PM
I eat my R1

well if you value your hearing don't go with all the little cans. this bike is LOUD AS F U C K.
all the guys with the little arrow cans or the sc project cans, austin racing cans they sound good riding behind the bike but riding it is terrible. I have a buddy with the austin racing can and he said even with ear plugs it's unbearable.

Last edited by yamaharandy; 06-25-2016 at 09:11 PM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 08:33 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya` View Post
I was looking at the M4/Two Brother's shorty exhaust but I ended up going with the Hindle Evolution 3/4 with a full carbon can after talking to people around here.

It won't be here until Monday, however I know it sounds great, the quality is good and it can be had for for $560 - $660 depending on the muffler you want, very affordable.

Hindle Evolution 3/4 Exhaust System Yamaha YZF-R1 15-16 - Sportbike Track Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9KWobMuTk
I may just get the hindle. some choices are under $600 . nice. it looks better on that bike in that video than the pictures on some sites.
Sportbike Exhaust Systems (2) - Superbike Unlimited

Last edited by yamaharandy; 06-25-2016 at 08:36 PM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 08:43 PM
The R1S Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharandy View Post
I may just get the hindle. some choices are under $600 . nice. it looks better on that bike in that video than the pictures on some sites.
Sportbike Exhaust Systems (2) - Superbike Unlimited
I actually ordered something else to go with it, when you get these aftermarket systems it leaves a big gap in the line of the bike due to the cat removal. It's from Austin Racing, it's a simple machined aluminum belly plate that fills in the gap left by removing the cat.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 03:06 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
two brother, sc project, astin racing are all super loud. the toce is garbage basically just a slash cut straight pipe also super loud. graves is nice, hindle, arrow are all good the akra is nice i think you can do a 3/4 you don't need to spend bunch money on a full kit the stock headers are titanium anyways except on the R1S. yoshimura is very nice but only the alpha the slip-on sits very high looks awkward on the bike. the cross plane sounds good with just about any exhaust BUT its a very easy bike to make ignorantly loud. once you remove the cat the bike looks off it kinda needs some kind of belly pan so i would look into one of those and what will fit with it

09 R1 black/gold SOLD

2015 R1M 007
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 07:12 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
I actually ordered something else to go with it, when you get these aftermarket systems it leaves a big gap in the line of the bike due to the cat removal. It's from Austin Racing, it's a simple machined aluminum belly plate that fills in the gap left by removing the cat.

Interesting. Does it cover both sides?

'15 R1M
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 08:41 AM
The R1S Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevens View Post
Interesting. Does it cover both sides?
Yeah, it does.
elevens likes this.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-27-2016, 11:10 PM
The R1S Guy!

I got my Hindle 3/4 and my Austin Racing belly plate installed, it all turned out great, this really is a nice exhaust for the price.

Jason P., ///3oris and Bjlo4lifep like this.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 03:02 AM
I'm the happy go lucky mod!

Garage
Yamaha is Graves as Graves is to Yamaha.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sig pic courtesy of THE GODFATHER!

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 05:28 AM
DobermanGuy

Im for Graves as well. Was able to get it financed through the dealer so i went that route. More than happy. AR and SCProject are also quite appealing. Mines a 15 not a 16 obviously.

Carne Seca likes this.

Last edited by DobermanGuy; 06-29-2016 at 07:41 PM.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
2-wheels for life

16 R1S - A Few Exhaust Questions

Alright y'all,

I just picked up the 2016 R1S (I'm mainly street so the 9 lbs/material and minor differences won't effect me much). Finalizing the choices on my exhaust. I'm deciding on the either the Akrapovic M1 with link pipe (If I can find at reasonable price), the M4 GP2 (Ceramic/Titanium) or Austin. Open to opinions as I am newer to the crossplane crank and have not heard a lot in person.

Questions:

Ceramic vs Titanium with the M4 GP2 - Definitely a price difference so what is your take on the differences?

The Akra setup with link pipe is Titanium but that won't make a different connecting it to the R1S headers?

Any input/advice is appreciated in advance.

Cheers
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-29-2016, 07:02 PM
The R1S Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgorm12 View Post
Alright y'all,

I just picked up the 2016 R1S (I'm mainly street so the 9 lbs/material and minor differences won't effect me much). Finalizing the choices on my exhaust. I'm deciding on the either the Akrapovic M1 with link pipe (If I can find at reasonable price), the M4 GP2 (Ceramic/Titanium) or Austin. Open to opinions as I am newer to the crossplane crank and have not heard a lot in person.

Questions:

Ceramic vs Titanium with the M4 GP2 - Definitely a price difference so what is your take on the differences?

The Akra setup with link pipe is Titanium but that won't make a different connecting it to the R1S headers?

Any input/advice is appreciated in advance.

Cheers
What color bike did you end up going with?
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
2-wheels for life

Went with the matte gray/black man. My car is the same so clearly I have a liking to that scheme hah. Especially the matte. I think I am going to go with a Austin Racing carbon can with black tip and if I don't get the shorty model that still allows for the belly pan, I'll go ceramic pipe that's black. I talked to a very, VERY well known shop here in SoCal that has installed every pipe and they say Akra, Graves & Austin are the best for performance and noise; Austin being the loudest of course
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-01-2016, 05:34 AM
DobermanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgorm12 View Post
Went with the matte gray/black man. My car is the same so clearly I have a liking to that scheme hah. Especially the matte. I think I am going to go with a Austin Racing carbon can with black tip and if I don't get the shorty model that still allows for the belly pan, I'll go ceramic pipe that's black. I talked to a very, VERY well known shop here in SoCal that has installed every pipe and they say Akra, Graves & Austin are the best for performance and noise; Austin being the loudest of course
Sounds like a great plan. Cant beat a matte/ black bike.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 08:35 PM
What's a motorcycle?

Graves and Yamaha are like Spaghetti and Meatballs - they simply belong together. Do it right - go Graves.

Kevap, Promtana and Carne Seca like this.

I have some bikes. I like to ride them.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 02:12 AM
The R1S Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Graves and Yamaha are like Spaghetti and Meatballs - they simply belong together. Do it right - go Graves.

Graves is very nice, but honestly they seem to be absurdly expensive. I've looked at the output gains by using them instead of a more affordable solution like Hindle, and honestly it's pretty much the same.

At the end of the day it's aesthetic differences, a few composites and an additional $500 for the name and reputation. Trust me, I would rather have your system, but for things like this it's always about the price/performance ratio for me, mostly anything beyond that kind of takes a voyage into the realms of fanboyism.

P.S. We should go riding sometime, I'm right over in the valley, this weather has been really annoying huh lol?

Last edited by Nya`; 07-06-2016 at 02:26 AM.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 07:22 AM
What's a motorcycle?

Quote:
P.S. We should go riding sometime, I'm right over in the valley, this weather has been really annoying huh lol?
Absolutely - I'd love to go for a ride with ya sometime. Better still, bring that beautiful bike out to the track and ride with me there! OPRT are doing an event at The Ridge on the 18th that I'm attending - you should check it out!

I have some bikes. I like to ride them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode