Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brembo RCS 19 Install

22K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Sal Khan 
#1 ·
Just bought a Brembo RCS 19 Master Cylinder for my 2015/16 R1. Tried to install using the stock brake lines but could not since the single brake line can't reach, without bending too much, the new master cylinder.

Has anyone installed the RCS19 on a '15/'16 R1 with stock brake lines? Need some help..

Or is it the case that you cannot install it with stock brake lines..?

Thanx in advance!

#3 ·
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/7772513-post20.html

I just bent the stock line to fit the banjo. the best fit would be a 90 degree but if you cut the zip ties on the brake line down the fork to give you some play. No leaks or extra crush washers. slight bend in the line with no issues at all. the zip tie the line back to the fork.
and if you haven't gotten tygon tubing yet for the reservoir yet, it uses the 6mm tubing.

Can be found here: https://www.motomillion.com/products/tygon-2375-clear-brake-fluid-reservoir-hose-6mm-and-8mm

#11 ·
Nothing against zip ties but in my experience, they can be quite unpredictable. Some are overly brittle and some have inconsistent locking mechanisms. All have different heat and UV ratings. Your application isn't necessarily mission-critical, but even so, I'd use something different because odds are, it won't last.

#13 ·
As been posted its been done many times, I had it on my 2015 then pulled it and put it on my 2016. Its a wierd bend and you have to removed the lower guides to "just make it reach" but it works and it is an awesome upgrade that you will feel money well spent. I hope you upgraded the stock pads as well? I went with Vesrah some are using Ferado.

#14 ·
Hay guys i think I found a better way about installing brembo m/c with stock brake lines!
All you have to do is to remove the banjo from the upper end of the hose and istall curved banjo like I've done on my r1 2016
It cost only 10? for the stainless banjo! :) and at all looks factory job!

Attachments

#21 ·
Doesn't the OEM MC have a piston diameter that is more like 17 mm (or less)? If so the 19RCS is going to be significantly stiffer and move you away from an optimum feel. Off-hand, and without knowing what the MC and caliper piston diameters really are, I'd think that the 17RCS would have been a better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.