Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2016 Matte grey R1 thread

30K views 78 replies 35 participants last post by  jpipkin398 
#1 ·
Post up pictures of your 16' Matte grey R1. Would love to see some different styles out there.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Some updates since getting her back in April...

ECU Flash and Dyno
Auto Blipper
Vortex levers
Vortex Quick Release Gas Cap
Driven Rearsets
GB Racing Case Covers
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
Ohlins Springs resprung to my weight
Akrapovic Slip-on and Mid-pipe

Attachments

#13 ·
yeah im not liking any of the bellypans so far, instead i just like when the midpipe is tucked up pretty far/snug. the ones that seem to meet this criteria are the graves and M4 midpipes, i see lots of akra slipons with a mid pipe that has a huge gap between it and the bike. no bueno.

#14 ·
one other random thought i recently had, which may help some of you.. taking the stickers off those small black body panels on the side (the ones which are covering the ecu on left side) doesnt make sense.. whole bike becomes this..

matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey SHINY BLACK AREA matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey matte-grey

#18 ·
How can you cover this blueing up with a belly pan? I have decided not to go with one even though I keep looking at them. They are also very expensive for a piece of carbon fiber that I am not going WOW I gotta have that! I do not have the skills for photos like some of the earlier ones in this thread but here is the Akrapović midpipe a little closer up and a regular pic:

Attachments

#26 ·
I think that is exactly the point. I use to want a bike that looked big and bulky, but as I got wiser, the light weight approach was sold on me. The lighter the bike, the faster it will be, especially when it comes to inertia.

You lose a good deal of weight by removing the stock cat. The bike will feel better handling wise as well once the cat is removed.

#29 ·
When you look at it in person the "gap" is minor never stood out to me. That picure was taken upward so maybe it accentuates it, I don't know. It doesn't bother me and I get such nice compliments over the graves and austin racing equipped R1s here. I saw a 2015 Red this weekend with the Graves Silver version can whatever model and I can tell the guy had no tuning because it was spitting and popping on revvs and idling it was surging. Reminds me of the posts here people putting 3/4 exhaust on with no tuning or flashes. Anyway, have no worry there is a brand and seller for everything you want. This includes $500 and $800 belly pans that look ridiculous to a majority of owners myself included. Get what you want for your bike and post up pics for us to see. The fun is making a bike everyone else has your own like this thread of matte greys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.