Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

GoPro advice on the new r1

6K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  MagnusR 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking to set my bike up for some good views on the GoPro and wanted some advice on 2 viewing angles. The few views that I want to achieve are the tank/chin view where you can see the hand controls along with the tach/windscreen/road. Also want the view where you can see yourself so I'm guessing either a suction on the windscreen or an adhesive pad on the right or left upper fairing? I've looked on YouTube but the 2016 r1 has different edging around certain areas so wanted to see if anyone could help me out from experience. I also want to avoid adhering anything as much as possible but am open to anything to get the best angle.

Thanks a lot!

#3 ·
I use the RAM mount for the front view. I turn the gopro a little to the right so I can see the hand controls, for example trailing, on off gas at apex etc...

Here is the mount...

RAM Fork Stem Mount and 1" Diameter Ball with Custom GoPro® Hero Adapter Unpackaged - RAM-B-176-GOP1U | RAM Mounts

And here is the view from my bike...

https://youtu.be/0QQOtD5iqJk
So I don't visit the track very often and this may sound ignorant but, where's the key? (how/why is the stock ignition bypassed)

#21 ·
The ram mount works well because you can shift it forward, higher or lower and it has some dampening since it goes into the stem mount bolt hole. I can't find a close up but here it is behind the screen. Also it doesn't get in the way on full tuck!!
Mate, what fairings are those? I am going through the process of buying a set. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.