Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Removing the speed limiter?

42K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  SuperSniper 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi folks,

First of all, I know it doesn't matter what the display says, this bike goes faster than 186 mph / 299 kmh.

It bothers me, though, so I'm wondering if there's any kind of tool that removes this limit. If I'm doing more than 186 I wanna know about it.

#4 ·
And I really hate to be the bearer of bad news but you are going to be extremely disappointed when you hook that gps up. I'm -1 front and +1 rear. Flashed and all the standard mods that go with. I do however weigh 250lbs. 286km/h on gps is all I got. And it was showing 299 on the screen from about 13,000rpm in 6th. My redline is 14,000. It did bounce off the limiter in 6th but it took about 2km full twist for that to happen. So I could drop a tooth in the rear and mayyyyyybe see 290 on gps if I was lucky.

#11 ·
What tire you using there? I dunno if it's BS but I've heard of heavier guys using 200/55 tires and having trouble getting the bike up to speed.

I haven't really tried measuring the bikes gps speed however in stock gearing it gets up to 299 in 5th gear so I reckon there's more speed in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.