Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

R1M Deal

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  johnathanriley 
#1 ·
I've come across a 2015 R1M that I am able to get for about 13k. The transmission needs to be replaced due to the recall, while the suspension had work done due to another recall on it done by dealer before it was sold to first/current owner. I also know that the ccu/ecu needs to be reflashed due to some dying battery issue per a service bulleting from yamaha. As you all know, these are issues that can be replaced free of charge. However, I've read up on a couple of horror stories involving post-recall fix issues. Such as loose parts and leaking boxes. All in all, I'm just trying to get honest opinions on this situation. Would YOU do it? The way i see it, either everything is fixed after I buy it, 0 issues and a ride off into the sunset with a 'stellar' deal, or on the other hand, everything gets replaced and I end up posting on here about any nightmares that ensue thereafter. Let's see what you guys would do :1pok:

#9 · (Edited)
I have to say with as much bitching I did about the recall, everything has worked out just fine. all of my issues turned out to be nothing. except the low coolant level in the radiator which I had to top off. but its not losing coolant so it's all good.

I'm sure someone else lives in chicago that had a recall done that could recommend a place.

I know where you could get a 2016M for $21k with the autoblipper, akro exhaust and a bunch of other mods. bike has 2400 miles.
or 20k without the exhaust. bike is located in ohio

pm me and I can send you his contact info

#11 ·
I'd like to thank everyone here for their feedback. Now that the deal has gone through, i'd like to share a bit more details about what I came up with. I was able to get the R1M with under 800 miles for about 13k. In addition to the bike, the owner also threw in a new helmet (shoei rf1200), a used pitbull rear stand, Alpine Stars leather pants/jacket / full gaunlet gloves (not sure what model yet) which shows minimal wear, pair of Dainese D1 boots and a battery tender plus. A yamaha cover was also thrown in. My friend and I inspected the bike for about an hour, including an actual test ride, and found zero issues. It was a deal i just couldn't pass up. The circumstances regarding the sale of the bike at a lower than average price are..sad, to say the least, so I won't be going into that. In any case, she's in the garage now, safe and sound and i still can't quite believe it. Now to name her.................

#17 ·
Congrats on a phenomenal deal you lucky SOB, LOL. To get all the other stuff thrown in makes it even more incredible. Enjoy the new ride, I would have snatched that up in a second if it were within a few hundred miles from my house if I'd seen a deal like that even though I don't have enough room in my garage for any more toys.

#20 ·
Fantastic buy. A true bargain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.