Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Is this a good R1m deal?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  z00 
#1 ·
Initially I was about to buy a new 2016 R1, put FKR cartridges on it and other mods to be my track bike. Then a friend introduced me to a fellow track rider that's selling his dedicated track 2016 R1m.

~980miles, FT tune, auto blipper, velocity stacks, carbon track fairings, OEM fairings, rearsets.

What's the bike worth?

Is there any risk getting it over my initial plan with new R1? Anything to watch out for? Seller agreed to a pre purchase inspection at Yamaha dealership.

Any known issues with 2016 R1s? I have only owned European bikes. This will be my first R1.

#8 ·
I personally would not buy the R1M for track riding. The Ohlins suspension is mid-tier and not the top of the line TTX GP performance shocks. The pro racers buy the standard R1 then upgrade the suspension.

I would buy a 16. I have a 15 R1 that had the recall done at 1500 miles. Zero issues. I have 2500 now (all track miles), point being that a 2015 wouldnt bother me as you will get a better price on a 2015. I have seen some good deals.

I think this is an old thread and you already got the bike based on other thread.

#9 ·
I did get a R1 2016 with extended yamaha warranty. I agree R1m is not the way to go for the track.
I plan to install FKRs in front, GP shock in the rear next season. Now I'm just doing mods listed in my other threads (flash, auto blipper, protection, etc....).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.