Cracked Meter/Dash - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Yamaha YZF-R1 - R1M General Discussion General discussion area specific to the 2015 Yamaha R1M model. Please post all YZF-R1 R1M related topics in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

Cracked Meter/Dash

The unfortunate happened when I wrecked this weekend and I completely destroyed the glass on my meter/dash. It's still intact but a major eye sore. Has anyone been able to find a place to repair the glass on the OEM meter/dash? I'm also looking into alternative dashes such as the AIM MXS and the I2M Chrome. I know the Chrome is plug and play for the new R1 and the AIM might take some work to configure it in a way that allows you to retain use of the OEM electronic aids. I like the idea of an aftermarket dash because they are more rugged and also tend to be repairable (~$100 to replace the glass on the I2M Chrome). What are all the racers here doing for service/replacement after a crash?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:04 PM
Gian11

Garage
another cool thing about an I2M is that it´s capable of providing a lot of data for analyzing your outings at the track vs what the oem dash can do. The chrome plus with the extra lambda sensor should be good for real time tuning.

Maybe time to upgrade instead of repair.. though if it´s only the glass maybe shouldn´t be too hard to repair.

IG @gcsalazar11

Last edited by gsa013; 06-13-2017 at 03:05 PM. Reason: didn´t finish
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

Well, I think I'm going to just have to make due with my shattered screen on my dash. It still works, I'll see what options exist after the race season, including considering a used stock one. The I2M Chrome just isn't refined enough for me to want to spend over a grand on it. Plus, it's data logging functionality kinda sucks and I built my own much better logger anyways. The AIM MXS dash is awesome, but after an email exchange with AIM, I don't think it's quite capable of being configured to control the rider aids due to the CAN frames it needs to output. HM is working on a dash for the new R1 but doesn't have an ETA yet. I'm sure the MoTeC dashes could be made to work but they're definitely out of the price range. AEM has a pretty cool dash out now too but I don't think it can be configured to control the rider aids either.

I am going to be investigating the possibility of making my own external hardware to control the rider aids and emulate the dash on the CAN bus. Then whatever dash I end up with would just have to display the rider aid settings which is totally do-able with any configurable dash.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:17 AM
I eat my R1

Are there any distributors in the us that sell the chrome plus?

This R1 was engineered by 3rd degree ninja pirate super-warriors in the highest mountains of Japan to serve the needs of the man that cheats death on a daily basis...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:28 AM
c(','c)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmeslice View Post
Are there any distributors in the us that sell the chrome plus?
Superbike Unlimited can get you aim. Never used any other dash besides stock.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVafcyfhVI6/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 Ambassador & Rider for Superbikeunlimited.com
Use FREE Shipping Code: 2015R1M2017 for online orders!!
**Excludes Bodywork**

Last edited by 2muchbluE; 06-17-2017 at 12:00 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 05:22 PM
Gian11

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchbluE View Post
Superbike Unlimited can get you aim. Never used any other dash besides stock.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVafcyfhVI6/
they also sell I2M. I think the last time I saw on their web.

IG @gcsalazar11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode