STM clutch - Page 4 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
Mechanical / Help This area to for help in the areas of, engine, carbs, transmission, suspension, mounting etc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-14-2006, 01:29 PM
R1 Brian

So I have to say.. This is the coolest thing I have ever ran.. I got the bearings needed locally to put it together as it was meant to be, and it works awesome.. I did a couple 3rd to 1st gear downs without even a hint of it moving.. I love this thing..

Thanks again to those who helped out.. I really appriciate it all..

Red 04 LE..Termi Slipons and Y pipe,FactoryPro Stacks, BMC Race Filter, PC with custom Ledesma Map..Ohlins RT Forks,Ohlins rear shock,and damper, Marchesini Gold Forged Alluminum wheels,Vortex adj rearsets,Vortex Black anodized sprocket,Goodridge braided lines and Galfer HH pads,DID ERV3 520 chain,GC Flushmounts, CRG Roll-a-clicks in black,Puig tinted DBscreen,Speedo Healer, Dunlop Qualifiers,Graves AIS blockoffs, and a fat man riding it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 11:19 AM
It's all about the drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahakn View Post
the Slipperclutch was designed with the original clutch pack of the R1. the total thickness of the pack (fibres, and metal plates) should be at 43mm. We usually recommend the customer to purchase a fresh pack. we have always prefered graves clutches since it eliminates the 2 metal rings on the original one. We always make sure the last fibre plate is installed exactly like the rest of the pack, and not resting on a separate groove on top of the clutch basket. the actuation of the STM slipperclutch is a bit stiffer on the clutch lever. eliminating the 2 metal rings of the original greatly improves the feel of the clutch. yes i agree with u regarding the instructions, but that's what we are here for
I am looking for a recommendation for the #kg for the secondary spring for an 05 R1 racebike.

ARS Racing
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 02:39 AM
I like me bike :)

Smile Ask vahakn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahakn View Post
the Slipperclutch was designed with the original clutch pack of the R1. the total thickness of the pack (fibres, and metal plates) should be at 43mm. We usually recommend the customer to purchase a fresh pack. we have always prefered graves clutches since it eliminates the 2 metal rings on the original one. We always make sure the last fibre plate is installed exactly like the rest of the pack, and not resting on a separate groove on top of the clutch basket. the actuation of the STM slipperclutch is a bit stiffer on the clutch lever. eliminating the 2 metal rings of the original greatly improves the feel of the clutch. yes i agree with u regarding the instructions, but that's what we are here for
Hi Vahakn:

I'm interested in the STM slipper clutch for my bike 2010 R1 (US Specs).

1-So for best result wich clutch plates should i use the OEM or Barnett Clutch?
2-Do Graves have clutch plates for my bike?
3-Do you have step by step video?

Any idea most welcome buddy.

Cheers
LION R1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode