Care to share the specs, and what was done to get this monster there? :D

Edit:
Nwm, Found it in your other thread.

1000 miles
full arrow ti system
BMC race air filter
Removed intake flapper
Block-offs
Graves flashtune w(graves full system map loaded)
Race fuel

#19 ·
As Shifu said, unless you have done something to your compression ratio or ignition timing, there should be no benefit in running high octane race gas instead of premium pump gas...?

#22 ·
Technically you are correct IF the higher Octane fuel uses the same base stock. Race gas doesn't. Also, this is an oxygenated fuel that does not use ethanol. BTU by volume is different. Burn rate comes into play too... not to be confused with octane rating. Racing fuel for an engine that turns 14,000 rpm needs a faster burn rate than an auto engine that turns at half the speed even though they both require the SAME OCTANE RATING! High rpm motorcycle engines have different fuel needs than low rpm autos. Pump gas is designed for cars..

#20 ·
Race gqs isn't cheap. But pump fuel here in USA is blended with so.much crap and Ethanol that you can't believe. Plus if you live anywhere humid like we do in southern Indiana , the eythanol pulls in moisture. Water doesn't burn. Plus eythanol doesn't have as many Btu's as pump gas. Ie the thermal dynamic energy is way down compared to 100% gas. The oems know that America has most all fuels blended with 10% ethanol so they dial back the power to avoid detonation / warranty claims. I can safely tune an R1 to be in mid to upper 180's but I'd rather see hi octane 100% fuel and or race gas before I start leaning on the tune to make more power. We like running Vp t4. Its nothing exotic and it's vp's pump gas replacement fuel, as it doesn't require any retuning to use it. Just drop in and go.

#28 ·
Huh! Wrong... Ethanol free, yes..but it uses MTBE instead.

Specification Sheet: T4

Specific Gravity: .745 @ 60°F

Color: Yellow

MON: 93

R+M/2: 100

RON: 108

RVP: 8.54 psi

Leaded: No

Oxygenated: Yes

Oxidation Stability (min.) 1440+

Distillation:
10% evap @ 125°F
50% evap @ 157°F
90% evap @ 228°F
E.P. @ 248°F

Production: Elmendorf, Texas USA

Availability: Sealed Pails and Drums

Rev 3/12

#29 ·
I don't understand why you are so quick to derail this thread milestone. 6% oxygenation isn't what any tuner or racing organizatuon considers a truly oxygenated fuel. I could oxygenate any fuel that much damn near by shaking it up. How.about you show us your dyno prowess ability by beating my dyno run?

#30 ·
Chill... Not trying to derail anything...200.9 hp is quite an accomplishment but it is on oxygenated race fuel. Using a 6% oxygenated fuel means you add more fuel for the tune and that is really why you make more power then compared to using a fuel like C10 or C20 non oxygenated race gas and why you make more power than using pump gas.

#32 ·
Aaaand the more you talk Mile the more you show you don't know didley about tuning. The oxygen content of t4 is so insignificant that even VP who would rather err on the side of safety even claims the t4 is a pump gas replacement that no jetting or tuning is required. If you think t4 allows for more fuel to be added you are most definitely wrong

#33 · (Edited)
I don't what your problem is and frankly I don't care. :butt By VP's own admission T4 makes 2-3% more power than pump gas. Which in this case is about 4-6hp. With any thread that states dyno power numbers it is important to know if it was on pump fuel or race gas...period.

In my area (Seattle) many have the option to use ethanol free unleaded fuel. I will be setting up a map to use that fuel and then another for T4 or MR12. I will also mention what fuel used when I post dyno results.

Again, I'm not trying to take anything away from the accomplishment here. Great Job. I can only hope I and others here can achieve similar results.

#38 ·
CK, I dropped my bike yesterday to have a custom map done via FTECU as well as a race fuel map. I asked them to install a map switch, so I can change it on the fly since I wont be always running race gas, but on occasion when I have it handy. I have a few questions about your tune.

Did you simply tune it to run T4 all the time, so you wont be using regular pump gas?

Have you ridden the bike yet, how does it feel now?

Is T4 whats recommended for our bikes, or is there something else we can use which may yield more power but still be safe for the motor?

I am fairly new to race gas setups, and I admit I don't need the power all the time, therefore I am having a map switch installed, but on occasion when I want to blast down the front straights like a bat outta hell, it might come in handy...:D

#41 ·
CK, I dropped my bike yesterday to have a custom map done via FTECU as well as a race fuel map. I asked them to install a map switch, so I can change it on the fly since I wont be always running race gas, but on occasion when I have it handy. I have a few questions about your tune.

Did you simply tune it to run T4 all the time, so you wont be using regular pump gas?

Have you ridden the bike yet, how does it feel now?

Is T4 whats recommended for our bikes, or is there something else we can use which may yield more power but still be safe for the motor?

I am fairly new to race gas setups, and I admit I don't need the power all the time, therefore I am having a map switch installed, but on occasion when I want to blast down the front straights like a bat outta hell, it might come in handy...:D

Cool man! Yes I rode yesterday, at the track... Mine made 187 on pump gas.
The switch is a good idea, but I think the tunes can be saved under the riding modes..
So if I understand correctly, you could have your pump gas tune saved under "A mode", and when u want race Tune you can just select "B mode" or however you want to do it.

Since the exhaust,filter,and tune I did the 520 conversion, 0/+2
MY GOD!! If it didn't have wheelie control it would be nearly impossible for me to ride it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.