Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Dunlop Q3s on new R1, share your experiences...

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  2muchbluE 
#1 ·
I'm gonna be letting one of the experts borrow my bike, with Q3s on it.

Anyone else running q3s? What have you noticed the electronics doing different? Anything at all? How about the steering? Etc. I've already compared sizes between Dunlop and the Bridgestone, I know about that.

#5 ·
still on the stock battleaxe. never been a fan of these tires. but they are ok so far.

I always liked michelin. had pilot road 4 on the Warrior.

Looking at pilot power 3 for the R1

I ran pp3 on my cbr1000rr and I got close to 7k out of the rear tire if I remember right. I like the rs10s personally but my work commute next year is going to eat them up in a week.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
I don't have a 2015... but I have been running the Q3s pretty much since they came out... on my '97 YZF600R, '01 FZ1, & now on my '05 R1...

If you ride lots of straight roads & hammer the throttle constantly (esp from a stop) you will wear the rear fairly quickly... if you are smoother on the throttle & hit the curves more they will last quite a bit longer...

I normally get about 3000-3500 miles out of a rear & can get 2 rears per front tire... but often replace them as a set. I have worn out a rear at Deals Gap in a week w/ about 1500-2k of hard riding...

Keep in mind that this is obviously on a lower HP bike... I hear this is about double what people are getting out of the RS10s...

#10 ·
yeah we all know how long the Q3s last, at least compared to the rs10s..

what this thread is about, you dorks, is how the electronics on the bike performs with tires other than intended =P

any problems with early intervention? anything like that? true story.. dunlop front is larger than the rs10 front.. dunlop rear is smaller than the rs10 rear. sooooo.. the bike might think youre often pushing the front, and sliding the rear? haha..

#12 ·
Have Q3's on my gal, and man do they stick. I've even done some winter riding and surprisingly they hold up very well. I love the Q3's and how they allow me to flick left to right effortless. I would say it's the bike but I have them on my zx10r gen4, and its the same feeling. Don't get me wrong the RS10 are great tires, but they just has a short life span, especially on the track.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.