Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyno results before/after

37K views 77 replies 37 participants last post by  Brodyr1s 
#1 ·
Just picked my 100% stock US R1 from my dyno guy this afternoon.

Results were about what I expected: 164hp, 74tq.

I will be adding an Akropovic slip on, y-pipe, SBU flash, and PCV w/ Autotune within roughly four weeks. I'll have it dyno'd and post results here. ;)

See less See more
#7 ·
FWIW, here's my dyno graph.

Specs
- EU model
- FTECU flashed and tuned by local tuner
- MWR Superbike filter
- Akra link pipe + slip-on (laser engraved)
- Driven block-off plates
- 520 chain + 17/41 sprockets

View attachment 834993
How many ponies did you gain adding that stuff and the tune?
How many horse did the laser engraving add? Or was that just because weight reduction thing not having the akra bulky sticker like those other suckers

#17 · (Edited)
the noise restrictions in the ecu is what keeps it down in the 160's. a flash to remove it and the graves or ftecu maps wake it up a lot. not many bikes respond as well as this R1 does to this stuff. I mean 20 hp with a flash and a basic map not specific (like a custom tune) for the bike...that's incredible.

keep in mind no 2 dynos read the same. the dyno Veeru83 went to seems like it reads a little higher than most. every mag/publication has posted theirs are all in the 160's also.

#22 ·
when they say BHP its meant to be crank HP but people confuse BHP with WHP but i think in the UK they use BHP like at the wheels so I'm actually not gonna comment on anyones post i get what everyone means. however justing33 you not seeing that lee is in england (which is why he is using BHP instead of WHP) might be why you think they mean something different and theres a "big difference" but in reality i guess the atlantic ocean in the way could cause a slight difference in definitions. also neither dynojet nor dyno pro make a dynamometer for just a motorcycle engine to measure crank horsepower. i hope you can find this educational and maybe your next post you will take a minute to know what your talking about before wasting the keystrokes

#26 ·
BHP is BHP, doesn't matter where you are. Brakes don't magically become the wheel just because you go to England. I wasn't trying to be a dick, but if you want to be condescending, why don't you try to educate the people who don't know that BHP =/= WHP. Thanks for playing.

#24 ·
Well all the graphs in this thread are measured at the wheels but yes there is horsepower loss from the crank to the wheels I would think around 10ish depending on all that motorcycles lose less power then cars because of straight cut gears and having chain drive instead of differentials in cars I have seen as much as 25 percent loss in extreme cases but once again it depends on the dyno your using and how it's calibrated metric or imperial blah blah. In reality buddy who did 167 and lee doing 186? Would most likely actually do just a few hp from eachother on the same dyno same day. Thats why you use the same dyno always instead of switching between different shops and you do a stock and after upgrades to see if your money was worth it.

#34 ·
the high octane fuels are made for race engines that typically have a higher compression ratio. Sunoco 94 race fuel has more oxygen. Most current 1000cc bikes will make more hp on 89 octane vs 93 street gas. these are US octane ratings. my 1098 and 2011 Zx10r both made better power on 89. Check out what Brock Davidson uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.