FTECU ActiveTune Questions & Thoughts - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Yamaha R1 + R1M Tech & Performance Chat Discuss the technical aspects and performance of the Yamaha R1 / R1M and modifications.

38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-25-2016, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

FTECU ActiveTune Questions & Thoughts

I ordered the new ActiveTune kit from FTECU which aims to live tune the bike while riding, without the need for dataloggers and stuff which the old auto tune stuff use to have.

My question is, has anyone else on here used this yet? I know it is brand new and I was just hoping to get some discussion going on what sorts of settings guys are doing on this system and what sort of target AF ratio they are going for.

Would be highly interested in seeing what people make of this. Here is a link to the product for those not familiar FTecu ActiveTune - VeloxRacing.com - FTecu Flash-tune Rotobox Graves Motorsports Europe

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-26-2016, 10:57 AM
SBU - For all things fast!

Garage
We've been dyno testing this kit and can confirm that indeed it works quite well. It samples and makes accurate changes quickly. We're still comparing the live tune vs suggested changes options just for the sake of comparison. Overall, it's good to see they took the time to make sure the kit works correctly and we're glad they utilized current-spec Bosch lambdas.

FTECU Yamaha ActiveTune AFR Closed-Loop Self-Tuning ECU Kit
Ignacio-Arg likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

along with

Lowest prices guaranteed!

2015 WERA National Superbike/CCS SE Unl GP/Unl Superbike Champions

Follow us!:
Facebook.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
Instagram.com/SuperbikeUnlimited
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 07:29 AM
c(','c)

Garage
I am very pleased with it. When it is 90+℉ the bike is more responsive. I have it on the live setting. I cannot wait to get it back on a track.
Yautja likes this.

2017 Ambassador & Rider for Superbikeunlimited.com
Use FREE Shipping Code: 2015R1M2017 for online orders!!
**Excludes Bodywork**

Last edited by 2muchbluE; 11-04-2016 at 06:23 PM.

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 01:30 PM
R1

IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!
been running it for a few days and WOW so easy to tune your bike to how you want it...
by far the best thing you can add to this bike.
Roadracer86 and Seasalt like this.
post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Back to the Yamaha community.

Garage
It is quite good......I'm pleased how well my bike responded with the live tune activated with the Graves locked map and cat back eliminator. Cleaned up the mid-range and seems to idle smoother. It also pulls more cleanly and linear and seems to be running better all along the rev range. I'm glad I got it since it transformed the power delivery.

The older I get the slower I go.
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 07:24 AM
c(','c)

Garage
Been riding with it. LOVE IT!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
SBK Unlimited and Roadracer86 like this.

**Excludes Bodywork**
post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Happy to hear all get the positive result on this kit.
I have a few questions and hopefully to looking for some advises.

First during my place got the ridiculous noise regulation, any modification to remove the OEM cat box(link pipe or full exhaust) will have trouble in my place.

I got the kit a week ago but still waiting the 18 mm x 1.5 bung arrived, I will weld it to my OEM muffler(cat box), the only option for me is weld it to one of the two pipes which connected to the header pipe, the lumbda need to be placed before the catalytic converter means I can't put it on the output pipe(connected to slip-on), I know that is not idea solution since which only read the gas from 2 cylinders instead of 4, but hopefully it will better than none.

Q1. Also can I leave the close loop on?
*Since I need the EXUP enable to keep the noise down and it will force the close loop option stay on(Tried to closed the close loop and leave the EXUP on but the dash comes up EXUP faulty code).

Q2. Are the AIS need to turn off as well?
*Since turn this off will cause a lot of popping and I really don't that.

Q3. Any other options I need to adjust for the ActiveTune?

Thanks everyone.
post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Thousands of Revolutions

Garage
Only for 2015+ R1M / R1 / R1s, not earlier models?
post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-13-2016, 04:13 PM
9SECR1

I just hooked mine up today but ran into a couple of questions along the way.

2015 R1M with Graves CAT Eliminator tune, Auto Blipper and now, FT Autotuner.

I tried to monitor the A/F changes at first, but after a short ride I was able to see the needed changes, but the software would not Save the changes. The video posted at the top of the thread shows TPS, Map, and Cylinder changes being saved. Mine gave an error message saying " TPS tables not found" I'm guessing because its a locked tune from Graves.

SO I proceeded to "Live Tune" the bike, and I Enabled it in the software and loaded a new tune. I did notice the idle change after a few seconds and the bike seamed to ride different than the one 10 minutes prior.

My question is in Live Tuning, how do you save those changes, or do you have to always leave the wideband sensor in the exhaust? What happens if the sensor goes bad?

I would like to start over with an unlocked tune and autotune it but I'm not 100% sure on some of the settings. The bad thing for me is Density Altitude is 7000ft during the summer months and 3000 during the winter. The auto tuner is a must for my area if I can get the setting figured out.

15 R1M Carbon/ Silver #6

08 R-6 Yellow Flamed Edition

05 R-1
Raven

08 R-1
Team Blue (RIP)
post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:16 AM
My R1 eats me.

Bump for answers to previously asked questions.

2015 Yamaha R1
2016 Yamaha R3

post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 06:33 PM
My R1 eats me.

Does anybody know the optimal AFR to use with the ActiveTune. I read someone was using 14:1 and seems a little too lean to me. I was thinking 13.5:1 was more nominal but every bike is different so I figured I would ask.
post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 04:58 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery View Post
Does anybody know the optimal AFR to use with the ActiveTune. I read someone was using 14:1 and seems a little too lean to me. I was thinking 13.5:1 was more nominal but every bike is different so I figured I would ask.
the AFR settings they have look good to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	291
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	912777  

2015 R1M
post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 06:20 AM
Thousands of Revolutions

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowery View Post
"The stoichiometric air-fuel ratio (14.7:1) is the ideal ratio for lowest emissions, but this isn’t the best ratio for power. It used to be that 12.5:1 was considered the best power ratio, but with improved combustion chambers and hotter ignition systems, the ideal now is around 12.8:1 to 13.2:1".
R1Mike215 likes this.
post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 08:28 AM
c(','c)

Garage
Ran the active tuner on the track finally for two days. The bike ran strong with crisp throttle response every twist.
Really really happy with it.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

**Excludes Bodywork**
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Chef R1

Cant wait to test mine out. Its also set to LIVE tune on top of a custom map...
2muchbluE likes this.
post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Leaning is Meaning

I installed my active tune today. Flashed it, but want to make sure it is right. I enabled active tune, I enabled live tune. That's all I need to do right? I'm running a graves cat eliminator tune and hoping this got added on top of that.

I just want to make sure there are no other settings like limits I need to add. I use the bench flash device so I know that my values are not being stored. That's down the road.

When I clicked on one of the buttons it said 15.0:1 but it's obviously not evenly hooked up to bike as it is in my living room. So I'm assuming this doesn't mean anything?

Thanks for your help
Don
post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Leaning is Meaning

Also, if I am using live tune from the active tune feature, is there any way to tell what the afr has been set to? Ex. Is it 13.0:1 across the board, or does each cell have its own number? Obviously the numbers should be safe?
post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 08:28 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammyduc View Post
Also, if I am using live tune from the active tune feature, is there any way to tell what the afr has been set to? Ex. Is it 13.0:1 across the board, or does each cell have its own number? Obviously the numbers should be safe?
see attached. this is the std map for Activetune.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	929905  

2015 R1M
post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:16 AM
Leaning is Meaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdallasm View Post
see attached. this is the std map for Activetune.
Thanks for posting that. I noticed you had posted this same thing a few posts earlier. I didn't realize that was the standard map. Yeah, that looks pretty good.

So do you just use these settings to tune to? With the bike side harness? I don't have the bike side harness yet. Working on that and many other things

Thanks
post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 10:58 AM
I eat my R1

Two questions about my installation

Does it matter which factory O2 sensor connector is used for the ActiveTune WB sensor?

It's been a couple years since I removed the factory O2 sensors and I could only find one of the harness connectors. ActiveTune plugged right it but to be honest, I can't tell if it's even working, as the bike ran so well before ActiveTune. Having the Bench FTecu, I can't see what's happening when it's on the bike. Is there a way to see if ActiveTune is, well, Active?

'15 R1M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode