Which exhaust did you choose? (Pics please) - Page 4 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Yamaha R1 + R1M Tech & Performance Chat Discuss the technical aspects and performance of the Yamaha R1 / R1M and modifications.

109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Roadclosed racing Instructor

Ooh I know you guys stuff is legit. That i would never question. i just wondered why someone else would think it looked garage made.
SpidermanSS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:13 PM
it is what it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidermanSS View Post
Thanks for the business we appreciate all of our customers. I'm commenting on your account that the product was inferior in craftsmanship on several points. I believe you got a used beat up part or a knock off plain and simple. Our company takes a level in quality above anyone in my opinion. The exact part you commented on I pulled from the box and pictured to disprove the remarks is all.

tlrskunk I'd be happy to photograph more of our parts to help in your decision, assist you with forum price purchase to prove the quality to you. You can also work with anyone in our dealer networks. Street Bike Parts`Sportbike Exhausts`Yamaha R1`R6 Parts`Suzuki GSXR Parts`Honda CBR Parts`Motorcycle Race Parts`Yamaha Racing` Dynojet Power Commander`
Since we are on the subject of build quality, and customer appreciation... Would you care to explain the current pricing strategies Graves is employing in regards to the 2015 R1 +, and 2016 ZX10r + for example?

2015 R1 + cat elim exhaust - 1365.50
2016 ZX10r + cat elim exhaust - 569.00, A difference of $796.00...

I'm guessing the cost difference cannot be attributed to material cost as I could purchase 2 complete units for the ZX10r and still be under the cost of 1 R1 unit.
post #63 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Banned

Hello all well i have an 13. I'm about to get my exhaust in a few weeks... I've been really thinking about the graves low mount and was wondering if anyone has anything to say about that? Is it a good decision feedback is great thanks errr body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #64 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 07:53 AM
R1 Rider & Coach

Garage
Has anyone mounted up the Brock's Predator System I really like how it looks. Very tidy.?
fastrob691 likes this.

Clayton Potter
STT Staff Instructor
MV Agusta F3
Aprilia RSV4 Factory
Yamaha R1 - Woodcraft, STG, Arai, Apex, Sidi, FT, Yoyodyne, MotoUnion
CCS #19
post #65 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 10:11 AM
Banned

Im going with the graves low mount exhaust

post #66 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave69issues View Post
Im going with the graves low mount exhaust

Not my bike but thats what i want

post #67 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 10:21 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihave69issues View Post

Not my bike but thats what i want
I like that too! Looks like you might give a little cornering clearance though,
post #68 of 163 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Mike View Post
I like that too! Looks like you might give a little cornering clearance though,

Ive read alot of review and they say you dont cause it is tucked in pretty good. But thats the one im going with so we will see

post #69 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.K.1000r View Post
Since we are on the subject of build quality, and customer appreciation... Would you care to explain the current pricing strategies Graves is employing in regards to the 2015 R1 +, and 2016 ZX10r + for example?

2015 R1 + cat elim exhaust - 1365.50
2016 ZX10r + cat elim exhaust - 569.00, A difference of $796.00...

I'm guessing the cost difference cannot be attributed to material cost as I could purchase 2 complete units for the ZX10r and still be under the cost of 1 R1 unit.
Not going to speak out of line here, but seems that the Kawasaki Cat Eliminator is a lot less work and material to build. Check out the pictures of the 2 products on the Graves Website. I'm sure that's the reason for the difference in price.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #70 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:07 AM
R1 Rider & Coach

Garage
I decided on SC Project for my R1. I ordered the etched logo in the can, no sticker.

Clayton Potter
STT Staff Instructor
MV Agusta F3
Aprilia RSV4 Factory
CCS #19
post #71 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:29 AM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Potter View Post
I decided on SC Project for my R1. I ordered the etched logo in the can, no sticker.
such a nice exhaust!! I think they all come etched I just didnt put the sticker on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #72 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Banned

Wish they made that exhaust for 09-14

post #73 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:18 PM
I eat my R1

Garage
The only thing I don't like about the SC is the angle of the exhaust doesn't match the angle of the tail, the exhaust is steeper... Just my OCD I guess... That's why the BMW 1000 bothers me so much it's is not symmetrical...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
post #74 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 06:34 AM

Love the way it looks but I really don't like how loud it is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
gkamp likes this.
post #75 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:10 AM
Roadclosed racing Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamp View Post
The only thing I don't like about the SC is the angle of the exhaust doesn't match the angle of the tail, the exhaust is steeper... Just my OCD I guess... That's why the BMW 1000 bothers me so much it's is not symmetrical...

I hate how lazy all the exhaust looks. I dislike the matched tail angle.

Quote:
That's why the BMW 1000 bothers me so much it's is not symmetrical...
But the headlights are fine?
Hooli likes this.
post #76 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 07:36 AM
I eat my R1

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrskunk View Post
I hate how lazy all the exhaust looks. I dislike the matched tail angle.

But the headlights are fine?
Noooooooo I meant the headlights and fairings!!

post #77 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:43 AM
R1 Rider & Coach

Garage
Quote:
The only thing I don't like about the SC is the angle of the exhaust doesn't match the angle of the tail, the exhaust is steeper... Just my OCD I guess...
Can't really tell about the angle when I'm riding it. Looks very MGP to me.
gkamp likes this.

Clayton Potter
STT Staff Instructor
MV Agusta F3
Aprilia RSV4 Factory
CCS #19
post #78 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:42 AM
R1 Rider & Coach

Garage
Okay, Put the SC on the bike and ran it. Too loud, much too loud, so I took it off. I put the Hindle back on. I'm going to try the two exhausts back to back at the track just for fun. Then I think I'll sell it and lose money for doing this.

First off the SC looks really cool, but it's so loud I can't hear myself think. Even with a reducer in the can it's far too loud.

Second it's light weight but doesn't have a mount point for the can so in a minor right hand low side the swingarm will get the brunt of the damage. Didn't really think about that until I put it on the bike.

Third its freakin' expensive for what you get. I can (and will) buy a spare Hindle Ti can and mid pipe - still not have as much money into the whole Hindle system with spares as what the SC cost.

Final determination. The Hindle is great value for money, makes good power and is not too loud. The SC is cool looking but not practical for extended track use unless the rider is deaf and the track has no sound limitations. This has now become an expensive experiment. Not everything works out as planned.
fastrob691 likes this.

Clayton Potter
STT Staff Instructor
MV Agusta F3
Aprilia RSV4 Factory
CCS #19
post #79 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:49 AM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Okay, Put the SC on the bike and ran it. Too loud, much too loud, so I took it off. I put the Hindle back on. I'm going to try the two exhausts back to back at the track just for fun. Then I think I'll sell it and lose money for doing this.

First off the SC looks really cool, but it's so loud I can't hear myself think. Even with a reducer in the can it's far too loud.

Second it's light weight but doesn't have a mount point for the can so in a minor right hand low side the swingarm will get the brunt of the damage. Didn't really think about that until I put it on the bike.

Third its freakin' expensive for what you get. I can (and will) buy a spare Hindle Ti can and mid pipe - still not have as much money into the whole Hindle system with spares as what the SC cost.

Final determination. The Hindle is great value for money, makes good power and is not too loud. The SC is cool looking but not practical for extended track use unless the rider is deaf and the track has no sound limitations. This has now become an expensive experiment. Not everything works out as planned.
Hindle makes a great product, when I raced my R6, their customer support was the best, bar none, and their old school stainless were as light as Ti.

I'd love a Hindle Ti can for my M, I just haven't found the part by itself and already have a Ti midpipe.
post #80 of 163 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 09:52 AM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:

I've seen the SC at the track and I agree, it's loud beyond stupidity. If you like the style but don't want it as loud, go for the AR.
I checked out both in person to compare before making my decision. The baffle goes all the way down the pipe on the AR, giving it a deeper sound. Still loud as hell, but it's acceptable and pleasant to listen to. Also comes with a DB Killer if you wish to lower the sound a bit more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode