Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

GRAVES TI Shorty Carbon = Win

11K views 61 replies 30 participants last post by  ussprinceton 
#1 · (Edited)
I will just post up a few pictures of the latest Graves acquisition.
Thanks to Shane, Chuck and Rick for the best customer service.

Ray

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Carlos461 and 15R1
This post has been deleted
#13 ·
I contacted Graves via email to inquire about these shorter cans and was told that they have 265mm replacement cans. Downside is, those cans are only sold to racers for spares. Another member posted a while back that the shorter can length option was only available to racers for the full system... I guess that explains the replacement can length.

From this thread I was under the impression shorter cans were going to be available to the public.

#15 ·
Just to address there being options for short cans. We've never had a can length option at Graves. Some of the original units shipped with 330mm cans. This is the most optimal for sound output.

The standard setup has a 300mm can. Which most people would have.

We have on request built units with 265mm cans (like we use on our Superbikes). The sound of this shorter can is MUCH louder and the biggest reason we generally ship with 300mm canisters is because of noise concerns. We have many racers that want 330mm cans for there tuning need and or noise concerns at there tracks.

We also offer replacement cans in 265, 300 and 330 versions that msrp for around $557.31. Hope this clarifies things for anyone.

#33 ·
Cat Eliminator exhaust do not retain the cat setup. In California it would not be legal. Only carb certified exhaust are legal in California (basically stock).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.