Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

My 2015 Red R1 In Panama

47K views 153 replies 34 participants last post by  Kevap 
#1 · (Edited)
My Red R1

So after 5.5 months waiting(paid in full 1st February) I finally received my 2015 R1. The very first one in Panama
This is the first time I have seen any 2015 in person and I have to say this bike is beautiful. I´m so happy that the wait is over and it was so worth it.

For the past 5 months I´ve been looking at this fórum, looking at videos on YouTube, instagram and have been an avid watcher of the install videos of Sportbiketrackgear. It´s incredible.. without ever seeing one in person I installed some bits today at rapid speed as If I had worked on one before..(guess I was really excited...).

Anyways... I´ve been collecting parts during this past 5 months and I´ll be updating this thread as my own personal record and maybe some help to others.

So today I picked her up at 3pm from the dealership and went straight home.. installed TST Fender eliminator beta kit, Austin racing exhaust and some lightech spools and front axle sliders.

The Fender eliminator is top notch quality, the exhaust looks fabulous(and now I believe what others were saying.. installed without the insert.. JESUS it´s loud.

Tomorrow I´ll install my lightech R rearsets, flash it and install my autoblip kit... more on that tomorrow though.

some pics here...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
congrats man. i swear the tail section is the sexiest part of that bike. but just curious how it holds up to a passenger getting on and off. looks like it would take a beating by them climbing up

Reactions: gsa013
#7 ·
So more updates..
manage to install Lightech rearsets, fuel cap, frame sliders, brake lever guard and spools. This lightech stuff is top quality.

Also installed GB racing covers and a cv4 2.2bar radiator cap.

More to come...

Attachments

#9 ·
Installed apex gp clip ons, domino grips, an accossato PRS master and some more lightech stuff.

Loving the feel of those grips vs oem. My buddies were all over ordering some afterwards.

And the accossato mc is such a big difference compared to the stock... Originally was planning on changing the pads but will work with the oem ones a bit more.

Attachments

#18 ·
Installed apex gp clip ons,

And the accossato mc is such a big difference compared to the stock... Originally was planning on changing the pads but will work with the oem ones a bit more.
congrats! i'm running Apex risers on my 09.. also the ACCOSSATO radial MC. absolutely wicked braking power, i run this with CL Braking pads and they rock :thumbup

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks. So far really liking the apex gp clip ons and the master.... Had the brembo rcs on my previous bike and it's really same quality and feel.

Yesterday I also installed the DOMINO XM2 quick throttle. Rain hasn't let me ride much today but can't wait to find out if it's an improvement.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.