Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

60th Anniversary R1 First Track Day

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Hooli 
#1 ·
First I am 53 years old and wondered if this bike was too much for me. On the small tracks in New England area the 1000's tend to be a handful. But not racing and doing a track day makes use of that mid range. Add to that the top end hit of power and electronics and you have yourself the best bike I've ever ridden. A friend took the photos and did an excellent job for someone not professional. Here are a couple that I liked.

My stock rear tire was a gooie mess of smeared rubber by the 5th session. I did 7 sessions and the electronics made it absolutely fun. I love tossing this bike into a corner and then letting it rip at the apex. It just drives out of the corner with such amazing hook up and even when it gets a little slide going toward the end of the day it was drama free. LOVE IT!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I am amazed at the ease of riding this liter class machine at speed. Yamaha really did a great job with this bike. It's track behavior is like that of a yelow lab. Never seems to like it will bite the hand that feeds it. Just easy and eager to do the hard work.

Get out to a track day if you have one of these. You will hooked!

#21 ·
Nice track Photos there...

Im 52 and have the same 60th Anni! Love the way she handles, sounds and looks!
Best bike Ive owned so far...
My last bike was a 2012 1199 S Panigale Tricolore.
Kept her for 4 years 2 months...then decided to shift to the Yamaha R1 in 60th Anniv colors!
Best decision I did!
Will keep this R1 for 4years and set her up well slowly...having so much fun using the R1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.