Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

She's finally home

5K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  DarkHorse 
#1 ·
Wifey told me to be careful on this libellula, so I think I'll call her Libby for short.

P. Hall II
Eurospec 2016 R1 60th Anniversary Edition
Mod free...for now

Sent using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 ·
Congrats. Those "frame sliders" are worthless. They will actually cause damage when crashed on. I know this first hand, they will bend and break and smash themselves into the frame. It is not pretty. I have pictures if you don't want to take my word for it. Woodcraft and Evotech are my favorites.

Reactions: Loose
#8 ·
Thanks! I would love to see the pics. I also laid down my bike in a low speed hairpin and these saved me plenty of money in plastics and parts...walked away with a broken foot peg and a small scratch on the forward engine cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

'16 R1 60th Anniversary Edition - Euro Spec
Akrapovic link pipe (cat delete)
Custom LED tail light w/integrated signals
DMP fender eliminator
Woodcraft engine covers
Yamaha aluminum frame sliders
Tech Spec Snakeskin tank grips

#10 ·
That Tank Grip looks nice. :boobies :thumbup

Is it lifting up on the left hand side of the tank protector part?

Can you post a side profile shot, I'm keen to see how the black taking up some of the yellow looks.

#11 ·
J, it's the stock windscreen. G, yeah it's lifting...keen eye. I totally screwed up applying these. Didn't think the whole piece would fit/conform, so I cut them to make them fit. I had a set on my SRAD, and they went on so much easier. Maybe because the tank was less curvy. If you do plan to get these just remember to heat them prior to application...something I did not do. I'll upload more pics in a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

'16 R1 60th Anniversary Edition - Euro Spec
Akrapovic link pipe (cat delete)
Custom LED tail light w/integrated signals
DMP fender eliminator
Woodcraft engine covers
Yamaha aluminum frame sliders
Tech Spec Snakeskin tank grips

#13 ·
G, yeah it's lifting...keen eye.
Just picked up my 60th about a week ago, so I am watching very closely. :wink2:

I totally screwed up applying these. Didn't think the whole piece would fit/conform, so I cut them to make them fit. I had a set on my SRAD, and they went on so much easier. Maybe because the tank was less curvy. If you do plan to get these just remember to heat them prior to application...something I did not do. I'll upload more pics in a few.
It looks good though!
You could probably pull it off, remove the adhesive and replace with a 3M solution. I use 3M double sided adhesive at work, which is basically just a strip of glue; super thin and sticks well.

I went the Stomp Grip route, but am thinking of switching to the Snake Skin. The finish is a little bit more classy IMHO.

Keen to see more photos. Keep us updated.

#15 ·
Congrats to you both! I can honestly say this is a step up from my 00 SRAD. Knew going in it would be, but not by this much. Good thing I use my head when riding otherwise I'd already be in a ditch or wrapped around a pole somewhere.

I plan on getting another set and doing it right this time. I will keep a few pieces from this set because I want the middle grip to extend down from slightly below the filler cap to the seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.