Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2 R1 having some fun. "short clip"

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  ussprinceton 
#1 ·

#5 ·
ok... i get it doing twice+ the speed limit on a twisty road isnt fun... il try to go tripple speed next time out and perhaps kill myself then youl get entertained? And the 200kmh wheelie in the end isnt exiting enough eihter you could probably go twice as fast on your R1?

#6 · (Edited)
I thought it was a pretty cool vid but I was a little concerned on the turns only because I'm used to riding, even on back roads, with much more oncoming traffic. The long wheelie made me nervous too only because I only do high speed floaters (what I call them) about 10-12 inches up with a very soft landing because I baby my bike, lol. It must take a lot of practice to ride a high wheelie accurately and have the confidence to pass a truck!!! Stay safe.

Edit: BTW, it didn't look slow to me.

#7 ·
Dot get too upset at criticism, - if you post a video online, you will get lots of criticism, and you'll get even more when you go out of your way to post your video on a forum to try and get extra attention for it.

I like going fast, but right off the bat, when I see people crossing the centreline, all I see is a muppet who is unable to control themselves, or their bike. Bikes are built for corners man, why would you straighten them out by crossing the centreline anyway?

Way more skill in going fast, AND staying in your own lane. Just my opinion.

Looks like you are enjoying your new R1 though, I wish I had the money to buy one!

#9 ·
Dot get too upset at criticism, - if you post a video online, you will get lots of criticism, and you'll get even more when you go out of your way to post your video on a forum to try and get extra attention for it.

I like going fast, but right off the bat, when I see people crossing the centreline, all I see is a muppet who is unable to control themselves, or their bike. Bikes are built for corners man, why would you straighten them out by crossing the centreline anyway?

Way more skill in going fast, AND staying in your own lane. Just my opinion.

Looks like you are enjoying your new R1 though, I wish I had the money to buy one!
Like I mentioned in my previous post, where I live you always have to be concerned what is oncoming from the other side of the road so you have no choice but to stay in your lane if you want to live.

#8 ·
Yes i got a bit upset because the Movie isnt about going fast or anything its just 2 nice R-ones on a nice road here in sweden. We are in a R1 forum so i thought it would be apreciated for what it is. Im the bike in front of the filming bike and i dont cross the centerline more then once or twice in the turns and when i do i can see clearly throug it. The wheelie i do in the begining of the film is a straight and i can se perfectly all of it. I was perhaps a bit suprised of the reactions and overacted a bit. My friend on the filming bike perhaps cross the lines more then me and of course you couldent now that it wasent me but that will stand for him. This road use to be a gravel road and is freshly paved so we havent been riding it for very long and we Always slow down when i pass houses and other obstacles thats why the Movie is cut a couple of times.

I do put my Wheel down easy when i do a wheelie because o dont want to change the fork seals to often.

#10 ·
thats a 2 lane road, going in 1 direction. we have a few of those here in socal. the 15 has plenty of places where its 3,4 lanes going 1 direction.

not to hop on the hate train, but ill agree that your buddy needs to learn to stay in his lane. 120kmph, is only about 75 mph. if you cant stay in your lane at that speed, you might want to take a rider course again. we have 80mph highways. i ride 120mph at some spots, and i always stay in my lane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.