Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Frame up build with all the goodies

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Dan Halen 
#1 ·
I had my bike built over the summer by EDR Performance, who have built two previous bikes for me and was delivered to the track in the middle of October. Did 6 days on it in great weather before the end of season. Amazing bike, gonna make a few minor adjustments/additions to it over the winter but I am extremely happy with how it rides and how much fun I have on it! Figured I'd share some pics and details since its not your average build.

Here is most of the laundry list of most of mods:
Frame and swingarm stripped
RapidBike racing ECU
RapidBike Dyno tuning kit
Dyno tuned by EDR for both 91/U4 gas- 193 WHP on U4(100 oct)
Kit head gasket
Graves cam chain tensioner
Graves cam gears
SC Projects Ti/carbon exhaust
YEC harness
CCU data
BST wheels with ceramic bearings
Tight Tails subrame and fairing stay with carbon duct
Carbon fairings
ProBolt Titanium bolts throughout
Brembo GP4-RR calipers
Braketech 330mm iron rotors
K-tech 20mm DDS sealed catridges, Kashima coated legs
K-tech 35mm Pro shock
IMA triple clamps
Evoltech clipons
Galespeed forged variable folding MC and clutch lever
520 chain/sprockets
Attack rearsets
K-tech damper
FT ECU autoblip
Superlight rear rotor
SE composites tank extender
Fast Frank Quick change axles
Lighttech chain adjusters and lifters...
et cetera....

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks guys! Don't worry Redgecko, you don't have to paint your carbon wheels:wink2:
Iamzombie- you've got great taste! haha.

I don't have many regular pics of the bike just sitting there, but here are a few of the build:

1. frame stripped
2. front end
3. pipe, rearsets, etc.
4. upper in carbon :cool:
5. tire after first few sessions of first day. tire wear was great, shock almost perfect straight away. painted the edges of the wheels in florescent red, left the middle and spokes exposed.
6. front end together, with my "rembo" brakes... guess they don't make paint like they used to...
7. on exit, first day on bike, shakedown of ergos, suspension- mostly front, bedding brakes, etc. loved it straight away :smlove2:

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks guys! Don't worry Redgecko, you don't have to paint your carbon wheels:wink2:
Iamzombie- you've got great taste! haha.

I don't have many regular pics of the bike just sitting there, but here are a few of the build:

1. frame stripped
2. front end
3. pipe, rearsets, etc.
4. upper in carbon :cool:
5. tire after first few sessions of first day. tire wear was great, shock almost perfect straight away. painted the edges of the wheels in florescent red, left the middle and spokes exposed.
6. front end together, with my "rembo" brakes... guess they don't make paint like they used to...
7. on exit, first day on bike, shakedown of ergos, suspension- mostly front, bedding brakes, etc. loved it straight away :smlove2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziFA2BXs7zQ
[emoji32] speechless. . .

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Umm yeah...that's a pure point n shoot beast!

#15 ·
I like you more already, SBKUnlimited.

Affordable, refreshing, brain-suffocating.... Needs more hairspray....

Hell- I think i'm gonna do just that, Glug livery!

Think I'm kidding?! I submit my R6 for the court.

@gsa013- to be honest I'm not sure of the maker on the fairings, sorry.

Attachments

#21 ·
Yep, sure is. Thank you, its an amazing bike!

Sounds like a solid plan! I'd like to see that. Glad to see you have some SBU rotors on those, we've sent those guys a bunch of them in the past. Nice fleet, drop us a line if you're ever track riding on the East Coast and we'll see if we can turn some laps.
Yes, great rotors, thanks. I hope to get out there and ride a little next year, so thank you. I'll def hit you up if that happens, would be fun to ride with any of ya.

how many more hp over stock?
I dont know what the consensus stock dyno HP is, so couldnt tell you, sorry.

pic from when it was warm...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.