Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Possible 2007 R1 owner

613 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Bernard1414 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, my name is B. I am in the market to trade my 2016 FZ07 for a 2007 Yamaha R1. The bike I am looking at is a beauty. Yamaha racing blue, with lots of carbon fiber. Although the bike is nearing 10 years of life, it only has 10500 miles on it. Seems to be in fine shape, some of the body work seems to be a bit uneven, and minor scratches, but nothing major. I do have a few questions for 07-08 owners out there.

1st: The bike has a Two Bros system on it, with out a tune or PCV. Would that cause the bike to run not so smoothly at lower RPM's? The engine felt at a stop, like it had a heart beat. It has a distinctive "Thump, thump" that I could feel, in around a 5 second interval. I asked the guy and he said its because the bike does not have the PCV. I am not doubting him, just want to verify.

2nd: Any major issues that stick out in mind that I should be aware/ look for? If so, please let me know and I will address it.

Much appreciated guys and gals. I really hope all goes well and I can join the R1 community, its been a dream for a while. Take care, and see you around here!

#4 ·
07 did have an ECU recall. see if he had it done. they also had an issue with i think the valves...cant remember exactly. is it full exhaust of just slipons? still have the stock y pipe? if so then its fine without running a PCV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.