Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Old but new member

736 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DanQ 
#1 ·
I was a member of this site prior to today, but was overseas and without a bike for awhile and when I went to sign in I couldn't so re registered with this profile. I have an opinionated question. I currently own a 2012 CBR 600RR and posted it for sale, but someone asked if I would be interested in a trade for his 2007 R1 with 10,600 miles (pics below). I had no intentions of trading until he asked me and happened to be one of my favorite bikes. I have owned a 2000, 2001,2003, and a 2005 R1 in the past and love the Yamaha brand but decided to sale the last R6 I had and quite riding. That lasted 2 weeks and found a great deal on the CBR so I bought it. The only sticking point is he wanted to trade straight up but according to KBB and NADA the 2012 CBR is worth quite a bit more. Hope to not get blasted for asking but I am thinking if he comes up with at least $300 I will probably do the trade.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I can't say I know the value of bikes over there, but over here, theres minimal difference between teh value of a '12 cbr600 and an 07 / 08 R1. Could depend on what mods either bike currently has too.

This is just my personal opinion, but $300 seems like a bit of a silly thing to get hung up on - the 07 R1 is a hell of a bike, and with a flashed ecu is another level better again. If you're interested in the trade, I personally wouldn't let $300 be the difference between doing it or not.

#4 ·
He basically was looking to sell his and buy something smaller as he is not that big (5'7" 140 lbs), and possibly get better fuel mileage. I had no interest in trading but when he offered I did get a little excited! The $300 I don't think will be a sticking point for me so we are just going to link up and ride the other bike and go from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.