paint code - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
How To's Please post your detailed How To's threads in here. They'll be of big help to owners of the R1.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
My R1 eats me.

paint code

I was wondering if there was a paint code for a 2006 yamaha r1 Blue. i have a solo seat cover that is grey and would like to paint it to match the bike and the lower section of the bike that is blk i would like to paint blue to match the bike along with the hugger. anybody delt with this or is the recommended solution to have local jobber color match? thx in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 06:03 AM
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK!

Unlike vehicles, motorcycle manufacturers are very tight lipped about "Paint codes". So more then likely you will not find anyone that can give you a "Paint Code". One company pretty much makes all the paint for all the manufactures. Click Here.
I am not sure of your recourses but if you have to pay a "Jobber" to get a perfect color match then you will probably have a lot of money wrapped up in the paint by the time they are done tinting and doing test panels. If you don't have good recourses, I would just buy the paint from them.

Good luck on whatever works for you.

YAMAHA WHEEL TORQUE SPECS
Graves Smog Block Off Plates, Rear Fender Eliminator, Puig Windscreen (Dark Smoke), Pazzo Lever (Black w/Gold Adjusters: Long Clutch Short Brake), Shogun Slider Crash Kit, Speedohealer, Galfer Front Braided Brake Lines (Black), Progrip Handlebar Grips, Harris Tank Pad (Blue), Greggs Mirror Block Offs, CRG 2" Bar End Mirror, Watsen Flush Front LED Turnsignals.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Issue of Inertia

I found my Raven paint (Black Metalic X) at:

www.cyclesurge.com

They also sell aerosol cans and clear coat.

I just bought touch up paint and it looks good, not sure what the cans or bulk paints look like, but I would assume the same.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
GaWarrior Brotherhood

I found this one on another message board a long time ago. It's Yamaha Blue. PPG - DBC4798, I used it and it looks perfect to me. I painted the whole bike so I cant tell you how well it blends to the original paint.

http://www.gaprider.com/img/gapridersig.jpg
WERA EXPERT #808
My homepage www.gaprider.com

Size9 Ron - Up untill 2 running around the hood saying here kitty. I'm going to strangle that b****!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Talking Paint Code

www.colorrite.com

All Makes and models Ive used it for the blue came out perfect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode