Official Phantom Squadron Member induction thread!
Here we go ladies and gentlemen! It's officially time to express your love for our favorite forum and show your pride for R1-012 Phantom Squadron! This thread will do three things, a small hold harmless agreement, member rules agreement and member number sign ups.
Forum Rules in regard to ALL squadrons.
1) Choose an insignia/name that does not sound like a gang. Names like "Dragons," "Reapers," "Devil Worshipers" and "Bloods" might sound cool, but they draw unnecissary and unwanted attention from John Q Law, and make us look like a bunch of posers. You squadron name should be representative of the region you live in, and should reflect positively on this forum and its members.
2) DO NOT DO THINGS THAT WILL MAKE THE REST OF US LOOK LIKE JACKASSES. Stand-up wheelies through school zones, rolling burnouts in a church parking lot, or just plain discourteous behavior. Use your common sense. I'm not saying that stunting is banned, but just do things in the appropriate environments. Illegal or dangerous riding is grounds for suspension or a ban from the squadron.
3) Elect a C/O who will be responsible and has a great deal of experience with riding (and who isn't too busy), and then respect the decisions this person makes on your behalf. If the C/O is unreachable, respect the decision of the X/O. This is not about a power trip or throwing around a lot of weight, but these people will need to diseminate a lot of information for the rest of the squad and are responsible for maintaining the image and are accountable for the behavior and activities of their squadmates and squad. This responsibility should not be taken lightly.
4) Official Squadron activities must be passed through your C/O to be approved. Unofficial activities are encouraged as well. There are a lot of great people on this forum, so don't let yourself be discouraged if your C/O is not available or unreachable.
5) ALL THE RULES OF CONDUCT THAT APPLY TO THIS FORUM APPLY TO THE VARIOUS SQUADRONS.
6) Membership has some basic requirement. Foremost, they need to be a member of this forum, NO CRIMINALS (you know who you are), and I think there should be a minimum age of 21 (sorry young guns), though I will leave all of this to each Squadon Commander to enforce.
7) Have fun.
8) Respect other squadrons, and not spam or interfere with the operations of another squadrons.
8a) If there are inter-squadron squables, A Mod will step in and settle it with the help of the squadron leaders (don't make me do this).
9) Finally, DO NOT DO THINGS THAT WILL MAKE THE REST OF US LOOK LIKE JACKASSES.
Then come our squadron rules:
1) NO RIDING DIRTY! You all know what it means! If you don't have your endorsement, that's ok, just follow the laws of not having it.
2) Don't be a squid. I really don't want to have to go tell your parents how you died because you wanted to look cool riding in warmup pants and a t shirt.
3) Phantom Squardon sticker (R1-012) is required on your machine, logo is cooler, but optional!
4) Bikes other than R1's are allowed, but lets face it- R1's are the coolest thing on the freakin road!
5) Members must follow the rules and the squadron officers while at all squadron events. You are representing the member and forum body as you are at these events.
6) Each member has the right to vote without worrying about being punished for disagreeing with an officers opinion.
7) January 1st of every year the squadron will post a nomination thread for new officers, February 1st will be the start of voting.
8) There is no age limitation unless the event occurs at an establishment that requires it. Younger member might be assigned a mentor for a limited time to help guide them, dependent on official approval.
9) You must have fun, or you will be pulled out of the event and beaten!
10) All members must agree to the rules in the thread below to become a member.
11) Squadron officials are volunteers- Please be nice to them!
#3 State Lead
#4 State co-lead
12) Squadron officials will have an open door policy, nothing regarding the squadron will be kept from the membership.
13) These rules are subject to modification without notice. Any rule can be changed after discussion and a majority vote.
Hold Harmless must be agreed to before you can become a member.
I affirm that I am aware that motorcycling has inherent risks which may result in serious injury or death.
I understand and agree that neither the Phantom Squadron officers, nor the members, nor the R1 forum owners and officials/employees may be held liable or responsible in any way for any injury, death or other damages to me, my family, estate, heirs or assigns that may occur as a result of my participation in any squadron events or as a result of the negligence of any party, including the released parties, whether passive or active.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Phantom Squadron events, I hereby personally assume all risks of these activities, whether foreseen or unforeseen, that may befall me while I am a participant in Phantom Squadron activities.
Here's what I need to see when you agree to the above rules:
I (your call name here) agree to follow the Phantom Squadron rules and agree to the hold harmless statement.
Bikes: Year make model
Picture would be nice!
where you live: City and state
The squadron member number you wish to use.
Kirk is a total dick.
Last edited by Meister37; 02-21-2009 at 08:37 AM.