Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#9,552 ·
5.3.15 is definitely a better tune...the isle use is very small...give it a shot

Also,I could send you the one with the fixed idle if you are going to ride it soon....send me a pm.

#9,554 ·
Tad I can test out a map, I ride everyday to work in San Diego. I do still have problems with your map and I'm pretty sure it's a timing issue for me. I ride like a grandpa to work and back, and 5-6k rpm's part throttle it's a stumble fest. Switch to timing that's more stock and it's not as bad. Just put in new plugs too, no difference.

My bike is weird though, most I've got on a tank of fuel is like 100mi and that's going 70mph 6th gear on freeway.

#9,556 ·
In V2 software there is a gear map. All the gears are set to use map #1. Remember, the maps are labeled ignition map#x....not ignition gear-x....I will send it to you.

#9,558 ·
Do you have different gearing? I have never gotten more than 100mi per tank since new....

#9,560 · (Edited)
Ahhh...I have never really done that....mainly twisty riding for me....so fuel light at 100 miles is the norm for me:dunno 60 ish at the track....

#9,561 ·
Ahhh...I have never really done that....mainly twisty riding for me....so fuel light at 100 Koos is the norm for me:dunno 60 ish at the track....
Ahhhh the fuel light LOL......The one and only time I ran out of gas was when I used to use the fuel light as a reminder to stop for gas :) Somehow it must have got stuck and I was riding one morning and about 1/2 mile from the gas station out on a country road the fuel light came on. Then like 10 seconds later it started sputtering and died....Was like WTF? Looked in the tank..bone dry...Pushed it to the gas station and have been going by trip odometer ever since...I think we are getting the same mileage though because i would get the light at around 100-110 and with the gas you have left that would put you around 140 for the whole tank right?

#9,563 ·
:thumbup

#9,567 ·
2014 R1, struggling with TCS after changing sprokets

Using a new 2014 R1 as a track bike:)And have changed the sprockets for track riding. Std was 17 /47 and we trying to use 15 /49. The TCS system however has gone completely crazy holding back the power. Have tried using Flash Tune speedo correction, but bike is still slower than a sick 600 at the moment.:(
Not sure if perhaps it is that I've used a image file from a 2013 model within Flash Tune. Anybody tried gearing a 2014 R1 ?

#9,568 ·
What value did you use for a correction?

#9,570 ·
The image is the same as 12+ for the 14.

I will run the calc for that gearing and see what I come up with

#9,571 ·
Did you also change tire size?

#9,573 ·
My calc says 85%....don't that would fix it. If you turn if the TC it ignores the TC so I think you have something else going on too....

What else have you done to the bike? Is there a check engine light on?

#9,574 ·
I have also tried 85 and 86 as % corrections, same results.
Only other ECU change has been to set mode to A as default.
Then a track body kit, rear sets, pipe and sticky set of Metzeler Race Techs
Engine check light is not on,
I have gone into diagnostics, and history shows 11 errors :( !
13,15,21,22,23,41,42,50,59,66&69.
I have just cleared the history :)

#9,576 ·
If the TC is actually off then the TC light should not come on under any condition. The lack off power is likely due to some other reason. Did you remember to install the air intake sensor into the track body work?

#9,580 ·
Yeah with TC off completely, bike is hauling well :)
It is better now that I've cleared the fault history within Diagnostics.
And no errors are coming up after a ride within diag.
Air sensor for the intake has been fitted to the track kit & connected yes.

TCS is behaving better now running correction of 85%, still comes in a little too easy in mode A with TCS at lowest level. even with the bike upright in a straight line can feel a little hold back and the TCS light flickers as I drive roll on hard. Going to increase the tire pressure to a std road pressure to stretch the tyre, I suspect the lower track type pressure may be altering the tyre circumference to an extent that the TCS is miss reading the gearing correction %. If it gets better I will fiddle the correction % toward 82 or 83 % so I can return to that 23 to26 psi region hot to optimize the tyre performance.

#9,578 ·
Ever since I installed my 3/4 exhaust system my 08 has struggled to start, idled funky, etc.

Did a bunch of tinkering around today with the idle settings:

Left is the map I ended up with, right is the stock map.

Works awesome now

#9,579 · (Edited)
Cool...post it up in the 07-08 F-T thread too...:thumbup

#9,581 ·
With TCS off completely have no problems :)
Did consider using 14T front to reduce number of chain links, but have found that the 520 race chains get beaten up when running such small front sprockets.
I think we are getting closer, bike is pulling better with TCS becoming less active, suspect track tyre pressure is influencing real wheel speed reading at the rear, so going to fiddle correction % some more ;-)

#9,596 ·
I have that same issue with the TC on... That's why I've come to the conclusion to run without it with Pirelli SBK slicks :lol

If you watch this vid, my TC comes on every time I get on the gas... Even with the bike upright in a straight line...

http://youtu.be/qE4gJbcjYws

#9,583 ·
You can clear codes yourself...read the service manual.

The bench flashing kit won't do that, it probably had to do with a plug that was not plugged in when a key was turned on...

#9,584 ·
Ahhhh ok I see, and if codes were thrown they would show up on my dash? Also TAD I figured out the interface finally and set my auto tune just haven't been able to ride it as of yet, damn B.C. Weather is messed up, just started snowing out here the other day so I'm still a month away from testing it out, but thanks for all the help, definitely message you after I get the smog block offs installed and take it for a test ride

#9,586 ·
The 07-08 r1 interface works for the r6....

#9,588 ·
Well there are a number of members on here that have that version...:secret....but sbu is a good option...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.