Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

(Q&A) Magical Racing Carbon (Plain Carbon vs Twill Carbon)

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  CARBONAR1 
#1 ·
Hello friends! :hellobye
Im interested on buying a "Magical Racing" front fender "hugger" with fork guards. But i need to see what is the difference between "Twill Carbon" and "plain carbon". :dunno
I have some carbon parts already install on it (rear hugger and belly fairings) so i need to see which one will from the two will match better the parts installed already.
So, can some peeps get some pix of the two side by side? or what it means to have a carbon fiber "twill" vs a plain carbon? :argue

PIX below are from a "twill" front hugger. :cool:
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325461

It looks blackish...

#3 ·
Thx!
go it...

I was loking to see in real life :p

Attachments

#7 · (Edited)
here you go Beno, both Magical Racing carbon weaves in the same photos adjacent each other for easy comparo :cool:

rear hugger is Magical Racing regular weave

Shark fin is Magical Racing regular weave

Swingarm cover is Magical Racing twill :flex:

who's mix-n-match relic is dat :hammer:

Attachments

#5 ·
THX!

i took a pic of my rear hugger. "pic below" its Twill :cool:

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
sorry something is either wrong with my computer or with imageshack...can't seem to upload.

But yes yours is twill. It will go well with the Magical Racing twill weave (I have the windscreen in twill from Magical Racing for my 09 R1). When it's twill, you can see the lines of "direction" with the weave....when it's plain, it looks more like a "checkers board" if you will...no specific direction. Just 1x1 (or 2x2 depending on the weave size) of squares. Just FYI Magical Racing plain weave is 1x1.

My Magical Racing twill windscreen goes well with my lacomoto twill wsbk hugger and swingarm cover. I also have the front fender, wsbk vented airbox cover, tank sides, and the 1carbontech large fairing side panels all in twill...goes well together. Makes my Akra exhaust plain weave look out of place a bit...

#8 ·
:hammer: @Ron!

Your first pic illustrates it perfectly. :thumbup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.