Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Post found in Kawasaki forum

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Darquechild010 
#1 ·
#2 ·
yea I saw it too. I just got a zx6r tracker myself. Just proves the "tool" shed is big enough to accommodate all forums. :shake

Just for the record, the R1 Forum shiuttts all over other forums. :cool:

#3 ·
Got off the off ramp too fast, giant chicken strips wouldn't grip and went down. What an asshat, Bell Helmet should bring back thier old '70's-'80's add, Got a $10 head wear an $10 helmet. Apparently his wasn't (isn't) worth even that much.

#4 ·
#9 ·
Florida has about 19M Pop. and "almost" no helmet law. California has doble the POPS and a Helmet law. Per capita Florida had well over double the amount of motorcycle fatalities - hmmm - I wonder if helmets (or lack thereof) had anything to do with that.

Maybe it's one of Florida's ways of population control :)

I have seen to many guys (some friends) with skin grafts because they wiped out w/o wearing proper gear. And one guy with brains all over the road beacause he was weraing a $10.00 helmet. No Helmet would have = cant find his head anywhere....

#8 ·
Dude, I live in the Australian equivalent of Florida. It's 95+ here in Summer and Winter is probably 76 at the worst. I'm not saying we don't have squids, but they are rare; and because it's illegal you never see anyone on a bike without a helmet. Squid is a lifestyle choice not a weather choice.

Mind you I'll ride in Kevlar Jeans in summer but that's with Jacket/Gloves and Boots as well. If I go up the hills it's Leather everything.

#10 ·
I hear ya. Florida is crap because every road is straight and a lot of city to city highway. I can't stand the roads here so I switched to track only.

I'd rather spend the money on tires at the track than to spend it on gas and tires putting miles to get to 3-4 pathetic turns.

All the guys around here love the no helmet law and love screaming down i4/i95 begging to be scraped off the roads by shovel. I can't stand it.

But I fully support the no helmet law, I believe they have the choice. I wish we didn't have seatbelt laws either, it's my right to care if I chance flying through the windshield. Granted I choose to wear my helmet and my seatbelt anyways, I still like having the choice

#11 · (Edited)
But I fully support the no helmet law, I believe they have the choice. I wish we didn't have seatbelt laws either, it's my right to care if I chance flying through the windshield. Granted I choose to wear my helmet and my seatbelt anyways, I still like having the choice
:iamwithst

I see it as a personal choice, you aren't killing anyone but yourself by not wearing one :fact I like Texas's helmet law. You don't have to wear a helmet but you must carry personal injury insurance or have taken the MSF course if you choose to do so. That why if you fvck yourself up, the taxpayers aren't footing the bill. Nothing really to do about the MSF course exemption but for all others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.