Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

FlashTune ECU Flashing Interface

2M views 13K replies 451 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
I got the type 1 ECU flashing interface from Flashtune today.

Here are the tuneable features for the 07-08 R1:
-Fuel table bias (ECU uses a MAP vs RPM and a TPS vs RPM table for fueling, the bias adjusts how much each table contributes to the final value used to control the injectors.)
-TPS vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-MAP vs RPM Fuel map (per cylinder)
-TPS vs RPM Ignition map (per gear)
-Engine braking
-YCCT APS vs RPM throttle maps (not directly edittable, can choose between two preset maps: stock and "race")
-Fan temps (stock or 205*F on, 195*F off)
-Immobilizer Operation (Normal or Bypassed)
-Yes, you can import .djm PCIII maps into the software, the software then scales the fuel maps for flashing the ECU just like the PCIII does.

Flashtune does claim to be actively expanding the software to allow for other adjustments as well.

I flashed my ECU with the "race" YCCT map and used the 6th gear ignition map for all gears. My bike does now idle around 1900 RPMs. After looking at the "race" YCCT map closer I believe it may be to blame. Aside from the high idle everything worked great. I went out for a quick ride and was able to power up 2nd gear sit-down wheelies, I tried hard before but it never happened. The bike does feel like it has a little extra pep.

Here are a couple of screenshots of the YCCT maps and the 1st and 6th gear ignition maps.

Attachments

See less See more
#9,960 ·
:thumbup

#9,962 ·
Tad,

Do you keep your o2 sensor enabled or disabled? Also, as far as I can read back in the forums, sounds like the current best map to use is tad 5.3.15 with the idle values in the picture you uploaded. Correct? I believe you mentioned you were working a version 6.i didn't miss that right?

You're amazing. Flash tune owes you stock...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#9,963 ·
Is it possible to add a link to the FAQ page with all the different FT images that you guys have created? Also what settings should be what? I haven't flashed my bike in a long time and plan on doing it very soon here, from what I've read by following this thread the Flash Tune software will be a lot different than before. Thanks.

#9,964 ·
Hello Flashtune guys.

Would anyone here who has there own programmer be willing to talk to me about the intricacies of this setup? I would read over 500 pages of info, but I don't have that much time. I'm disgusted with my YEC flash, not because of what it is, but because it seems impossible to connect it to my modern laptop.

It seems that I can buy all the tuning software and use the flashtune interface in much the same way my YEC was supposed to work.

If so, please PM me. Email or text during daytime hours would work best for me.

Thanks!!

#9,968 ·
REK, send me a pm with the questions you have. I am not sure what kind of info you are locking for. Or what feedback you are referring to...:dunno

#9,970 · (Edited)
My v6 version has some tweaks to try and decrease that. I have been working on getting that to tamp down. Mine pulls along at about 10-12mph...How fast is yours pulling you?

PS, I submitted a support ticket as the idle jumps up to 2k RPM as soon as you let the clutch out. So it might be something in the software.

#9,973 ·
5.3.15 did it as well according to my recollection...:dunno

#9,975 ·
Huh....:dunno

#9,978 ·
OK, well can you try and see if it is an issue with that extend warm up idle option? Just take 5.3.15 and just set the extend option to true and see what happens?

#9,980 ·
:thumbup....If I have time, I will also do some testing. I have been able to replicate it just on the stand. Because if I put it in gear and let the clutch out it will idle at 2k RPM with the wheel spinning, at 10-15MPH. I will test some of the older maps and see if it does that. I know that I did the track weekend with the old idle logic with the fixed idle with no issues in terms of not engine engine breaking, but it would pull along at about 10MPH with no throttle input in first.

#9,982 · (Edited)
Well, it was never an option before or the 09+. So I am not sure if it is possible. I have seen that in the 07-08 R1...I will ask in my support ticket if that is something that can be added to the 09+ image. I also was under the impression that this setting used the in gear idle for the out of gear idle, not the other way around....:dunno...I will ask...

#9,983 · (Edited)
What I think has happened Tad, is even though this option isn't shown on the list, it's somehow been turned on! That's why now we're seeing all these high in-gear idles!

For sure flash-tune needs to put that option in for 09+ R1, obviously it's using a different in-gear idle table so we should have the option to control it!

And nope, when set to false the bike only uses one idle table, the one you custom make in the idle table. Doesn't matter clutch in, clutch out, in gear or not, all the same idle. When set to "true" it activates a feature called "anti-stall" which when the revs get low, in gear, with the clutch out, it reverts to "cold idle".

At least that has been my experience with 07/08 R1 and that option.

-Jamie M.

#9,985 ·
Tad,

Not sure if this is something you know about or not, but I realized that my speedo correction does not work on your image. So, if you go to the speedo menu and deactivate, it will give you an "index was outside the bounds of the array" unhandled exception error. I'm not sure if this is related, but what I do know is that it only happens on your maps (tried 5.3.15 and the 5.3.15.5 maps) and not the other generic flash tune ones. My guess is that you had created it in a previous version of flash tune. I tried on two different computers. Any ideas? Is anyone else noticing the speedo function is not working on that map?

Thanks.

#9,986 ·
Tad,

Not sure if this is something you know about or not, but I realized that my speedo correction does not work on your image. So, if you go to the speedo menu and deactivate, it will give you an "index was outside the bounds of the array" unhandled exception error. I'm not sure if this is related, but what I do know is that it only happens on your maps (tried 5.3.15 and the 5.3.15.5 maps) and not the other generic flash tune ones. My guess is that you had created it in a previous version of flash tune. I tried on two different computers. Any ideas? Is anyone else noticing the speedo function is not working on that map?

Thanks.

#9,989 ·
I tried the US version of 5.3.15 and it worked fine to deactivate the speedo function and save it. No issues here. I would say that you should go in and delete your definition files and then restart the F-T software. See if that helps the issue.

#9,987 ·
I have not noticed it. I will try it tonight.

#9,993 ·
I got a mail back from them on this issue. I sent them my image that is causing it. I guess they are going to have a look at the guts of the image to see if anything in there it's causing it. I also need to send a quick video so he can see it in action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.