Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Hit a new milestone today.....250k! And some ride pics too

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  thirdgenlxi 
#1 ·
Yup as the title states... the trusty old F4i rolled over 1/4 million miles today like it ain't no big thing, kept right on going! I know I'm a mile off, I was hoping to snap some pics soon as it turned but the road we were on was kinda sketchy to pull over safely so just went a little further up until we got to a parking lot. Close enough, lol. Still running like a dream!! 6 trackdays and counting (maybe I'll get fast one of these days.... smh)... doesn't appear to be slowing down anytime soon!

Then a few other pics from todays (rather chilly) riding adventures

In front of us is Old Fort Rd... Awesome road but lots of gravel spots. It used to be part of my awesome 120 mile/day daily commute through the mountains everyday that I had back in 2010 before I moved. The road behind is we took for the first time today... awesome road but turns to gravel right at the end for a short ways (less than a mile I think) up to where we're at here

Stopped in Black Mountain for some lunch... friend of mine that I used to work with several years ago (she was the HR lady at the last place I/we worked at).... her and her husband decided to start their own business and opened a small pizza shop. They just opened on Friday, so I wanted to go and show her some support and check it out. Freakin' GOOOOOD stuff!!

Heading up NC 80... Lake Tahoma in the background

Blue Ridge Parkway

Got to the Brown Mountain overlook on NC 181 right after the sun went down. Had to get heading home after this cuz it was getting cooooold (prob high 30's/low 40's) and Scott doesn't have any heated gear so he wanted to get home before it got too cold. He's tough though I gotta hand it to him, lol

Same spot but looking the other way over Table Rock mountain

Then a few from yesterday (sat).... Scott and I were out geocaching as we've been doing for a bit here lately. Went for a little walk through the woods looking for one and buried in the middle of nowhere in the woods... an old house! Right past the house was a big open area surrounded completely by more woods, and there was a little hut type thing over by the trees. As we were walking past the house Scott made the comment "only thing that kinda worries me out here is that it's hunting season".... we get up to the open area and right then we hear a voice out of the hut... "trying to hunt over here". Kinda freaked us both out, we said oooookkkk and turned around and walked back the way we came, lol... never did find it

So we wrote that one off and went to another not too terribly far away from that one. This one sounded pretty simple.... all the hints pointed towards steps. And steps we found! Supposedly many many moons ago there was an old funeral home here... a large part of the perimeter of the old crumble brick foundation is still there, forming a big hole in the middle of these trees! This wasn't far off the road but very much overgrown now. After looking all over around the steps, and after Scotts quote of the day, "Ummmm.... is that a skull over there??" (human.... but in his defense from the angle we were looking it really did look like one... ended up being an old white milk jug with some holes, lol), but we finally did find it. Not really near the steps prob 30 feet away under a broken end of a cinder block

We had gotten kind of a late start since I had to work that morning, so it was getting late and we got heading home

Then a few from Thursday (turkey day!)... it was almost 70 degrees and we both had the day off work, so why not?? Some more geocaching going up NC 181... didn't find anything here though

Brown Mountain again

Sunset in some kids park, lol.... this is the same spot where we found the old house in the woods above, but it was getting dark here and we didn't get that far in

Went back to the house and it was foooood coma time! I must say Scotts mom is an awesome cook, lol. Even had some homemade apple pie and brownies too. She gave me a box and said to take as much home as I wanted, along with some homemade chicken and rice soup too. Certainly can't complain!

Aaaand what the hell... been awhile since I posted any ride pics up so a few from last weekend too. Our first try at geocaching... this one was pretty easy and found it right away. Lots of these, like this one, are right on our normal ride routes, we just never knew they were there, lol. Kinda silly but still fun

Then up the normal route... Brown Mountain yet again

Up NC 80.... Lake Tahoma

Supposed to be another cache at NC 80 and the Blue Ridge Parkway off on a little trail. Apparently last year sometime the forest service did a controlled burn and it was destroyed, said he was gonna put it back but never did find it. We did have our own little parking nook though, lol

Started getting late so we made our way back towards home... with a stop at Ryans Buffet for some dinner

Did I mention we like to eat?? LOL (this was actually from the night before, but oh well)

I think that's all I got for now, haha. Sorry for so many... I like pictures, heh

See less See more
#7 ·
Yes.... original pistons, rings, rods, valves, cyl head, valve springs, bearings, etc. Still on original clutch. I did replace the timing chain but not cuz there was anything wrong with it I just didn't want to find out the hard way how long they lasted for, lol. Replaced the water pump at 202k too. Still original ignition coils and all... all sensors original too. Really never had any trouble at all motor wise other than a couple noisy CCT's (replaced with APE manual). Other than that just a couple R/R's, clutch cables, cooling fan blades, steering head bearings, couple wheel bearings, etc.... normal wear stuff mostly. I did have to do some trans work back in 2008 at 114k, jumping out of 3rd gear, so I had to replace 3rd and 6th gears and the shift fork (replaced 2nd too just for safe measure while I was in there even though having no probs with it). It's getting fussy with 3rd gear again so I think I'm gonna have to go in and replace them again this winter sometime

#15 ·
Thanks! I just like to ride.... err a lot!! LOL :sing: Was never my original intent to log this many miles, just got started riding and loved it so much I just had to keep going back for more and more, and they started to rack up. Never any problems with the bike so figured I'd just keep going and see how long she lasts.... guess that's yet to be determined, haha

Damn good work brother!
Thanks Kurt!

Holy crap that's alot of original miles! :rock

Great pix too, beautiful country. We've geocached a few times, it is fun. :)

Thanks for sharing.
Yea we're just starting to get into it, thought it would be fun to integrate into our rides since they're usually along the places we're already at anyways. It is pretty fun though!

Hit me up when it starts warming up, we're pretty close. My avatar is from 74. We'll go riding.
Cool deal will do! Where you live at? I'm just north of Bostic/Forest City right off 226

And thanks guys.... like I said before, I just like to ride

#11 ·
Holy crap that's alot of original miles! :rock

Great pix too, beautiful country. We've geocached a few times, it is fun. :)

Thanks for sharing.

#22 ·
First bike was an 87 Honda Hurricane 600. Quality machine! As hard as I was on that bike, she never let me down. Truly a horse to ride into war with! Wish I still had her in the stable. Continue to take care of her bro. You already know she'll take care of you.

#24 ·
Currently using Rotella T6 and a WIX filter (though in the past I've used Purolator PureOne, K&N, and OEM). Before the Rotella used Mobil 1 15w-50 at first then the 10w-40 when it came out later on (yes, both the car oils in the 5qt jug). Had been using that since 5000 miles. Broke it in using the stock Honda dino stuff up until 5000 when I switched to the Mobil 1. I had changed the oil at 600 miles, 1500 miles, 3000 miles, and then 5000. Been changed religiously every 5000 ever since. Motor is spotless.... looks brand new inside

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.