Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Exhaust questions

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  T.C. 
#1 ·
I finally have the money for a full exhaust on my 2011 r1. Choosing between the Akrapovic YZF-R1 Evolution II Full Exhaust System and the LeoVince Corsa Full Titanium Exhaust System.

I want to know which system saves more weight, and i was hoping someone could tell me which one is louder?...

im leaning towards the leo right now and plan on ordering whichever one tmrw

thanks!! :riding

#2 ·
I'm no expert, but judging by the angle of the moon and the sun in relation to earth, the distance between the inside corners of my eyes and the fact that backflips are awesome, I'd say go with the Leos.

Lol sorry I'm tired, it's goin' on 1 am here and I get like this.

Really though the Leos seem IMO to sound not just louder, but more ferocious. Not that the bike needs a lot of help with that.

#3 ·
Akra weighs 13 pounds and 100.5 db at 6200rpm. I don't know if this is with or without inserts.

Had the Akra slipons and they sounded beast. A guy I know has the full system you want and they sound even better.

I know that with my slipons they were noticeably louder than stock with the inserts in and too loud (for me) when taken out.

Stock is 22 pounds and 98 db. I don't know about Leo's.

Listen to youtube clips if you can't hear them in person. You can't go wrong with either one.

#4 ·
not sure if its the same on an 11 r1 but from what ive seen on other years and bikes is akra has a better fit than the leo. everything fits in right and good measurements, both will drop weight if you get titanium. however a lot of the full titanium systems wear down a lot faster ex-(cracking,splitting,etc) than the ss, just differences between the two metals. as far as sound it depends on what you want.

#11 ·
If you are looking for great + hp and uneic monster sound I'm advice you to have BROCKS HEADRES SYSTEM ( ceramic type) because it's lighter than titanium but it's expensive a little

I tried the BROCKS HEADERS SYSTEM

BROCKS WILL RELEASE THE PRESSURE FROM YOUR ENGINE

But if you like to have only 12 hp I advice you to chose akrapovic SYSTEM

Check my BROCKS
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Alloy wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Vehicle Automotive tire Supermoto Tire Alloy wheel

BROCKS will give you around 19 hp to 23 if you adjust the right fuel air ratio on pc5 with autotune kit
Because there is no map for the BROCKS SYSTEM YOU HAVE TO ADJUST WITH THE DYNO JET TECH on the DYNO machine

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#12 ·
If you are looking for great + hp and uneic monster sound I'm advice you to have BROCKS HEADRES SYSTEM ( ceramic type) because it's lighter than titanium but it's expensive a little

I tried the BROCKS HEADERS SYSTEM

BROCKS WILL RELEASE THE PRESSURE FROM YOUR ENGINE

But if you like to have only 12 hp I advice you to chose akrapovic SYSTEM

Check my BROCKS
View attachment 477003 View attachment 477004 View attachment 477005

BROCKS will give you around 19 hp to 23 if you adjust the right fuel air ratio on pc5 with autotune kit
Because there is no map for the BROCKS SYSTEM YOU HAVE TO ADJUST WITH THE DYNO JET TECH on the DYNO machine

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
You are also Claiming you bike runs 170+ hp with the exhaust and a Power commander. I'll call :bs on that every day of the week. You have a VERY generous dyno.

You say autotune yet claim you need to do the adjustment with a dyno. That right there should tell anyone you are full of shit :fact

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.