Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

2013 Deals Gap?

11K views 62 replies 26 participants last post by  Peg Grinder 
#1 ·
Does anyone know when the 2013 Deals Gap Convention is happening?

#4 ·
I'm actually curious about this deals gap thing. Can you please explain how it works / what it is?

Also, I've noticed that you've been on this forum SINCE BEFORE I ENLISTED IN THE MARINES JEEZUS. That's a long time lol.

#12 ·
Those are the dates we are working with :yesnod

I'm actually curious about this deals gap thing. Can you please explain how it works / what it is?

Also, I've noticed that you've been on this forum SINCE BEFORE I ENLISTED IN THE MARINES JEEZUS. That's a long time lol.
Not me. They didn't have Forums when I enlisted. Hell... there were hardly any sport bikes :shake

I'd really like to make it out to the '13 convention, being out west sucks for that :(
We've had people travel from further. It just takes planning :fact

Sounds like a blast. I'll have too put in for some vacation time.
Definitely!

Shane has been negotiating with the owners of the resort we used last year. The place changed ownership, and we had to start from scratch on the contract. It's been a back and forth thing for a little while, which is challenging because both Shane and I travel for work. So trying to discuss things has been a little slow. But we should see the announcement up shortly and start putting together what will be another great event. Hope to see everyone there :fact

#15 ·
Once the thread gets going see who else might be making the trip from out there. Split gas. Or rent a bike. And I usually bring at least two, but they come at retail pricing for replacement :lol
:lol yea see what I meant about the tiptoe-ing?! :hammer:

I looked into renting from that shop thats on or near the gap and I think it mentioned paying extra for his insurance as well. I go slow enough but I'll end up crawling worrying about it :lol

Anyone in socal wanna share ride/gas? :lol

Sent by my monster Note 2 :flex:

#31 ·
:lol yea see what I meant about the tiptoe-ing?! :hammer:

I looked into renting from that shop thats on or near the gap and I think it mentioned paying extra for his insurance as well. I go slow enough but I'll end up crawling worrying about it :lol

Anyone in socal wanna share ride/gas? :lol

Sent by my monster Note 2 :flex:
fawk that lets fly and rent:sing:

#6 ·
It's just a bunch of R1/R6 guys & gals, their friends and families getting together for riding some of the best roads in America. It lasts a week... but goes by way too fast! We take over a whole resort of log cabins and most nights drink ourselves silly! Then get up and repeat... riding, drinking, sleep. :crash

#22 ·
Good to know the date is in June, as I would like to do the convention and plan other events too. Anyone ever go to the Ohio Mile LSR (landspeed racing) events in Wilmington,Ohio ? I would like to attend (and participate) in one of those next year as well.

#25 ·
The dates are June 9-16, 2013... I'll have sign up and a new thread mid next week... Sorry our resort changed owners and we had some challenges but it's all good now..

#26 ·
Thanks Shane. I'm in of course.

#29 ·
I doubt I can get a week off of work but would like go. Would it be possible to ride up one day to do some riding or for the weekend or something. How's this thing work? At some point do we meet at the back room at Ryans and hand out trophies? Ok the last statement was a joke but seriously is there a way to come up and meet up without staying the whole week... maybe the weekend or just a day?

#33 ·
The more time out there, the better. There are more roads than you can hit in a week. I've been going every year since about 2006 and still find new places to ride.

Plus, you want to stay away from the weekend if at all possible. Law enforcement present increases during the weekend, plus the line crossers come out in full force.

#30 ·
More seasoned veterans might have better advice, but I can say I have gone up for Thursday-Sunday twice and it is still a good time. My advice is do everything in your power to make it to the dinner at the end of the week and any house party (in the past it has been Thursday). This is where you really get to meet and socialize with some great people.

#32 ·
Looking forward to making my second trip up.

#35 ·
Well, 4 of us will be trailering down 32 hours to spend 6 nights and 7 days of riding the area, as long as we get passed the boarder that is. We have it all booked up for May 12-18th can't wait!! Our track days start the first of June, so our dates were limited.
Anyone know if I can change my speedo for Kmph to Mph similar to changing the shift light?

#36 · (Edited)
Alright the wife and I got the 12-14th off and of course that weekend so we'll probably find a place to stay, get off early and come up Tuesday the 11th and stay through Sunday. :ncont: This was extremely hard because I kill bugs for a living and she works in the office and this is one of our busiest months.

Some questions:
How's this work exactly?
Do you get a group rate to sign up and go with the rest of the group?
If so would it be better to do that or just book individually and pay for the 11-16?
What resort do you guys usually stay at? Is it the this one: http://dealsgap.com/index.html ...?

I thought it was a pretty good deal compared to the surrounding area motels and their prices. :jump
I want to try to find a place and book it for those days as soon as possible so the wife and I don't end up sleeping in the Jeep. I don't want to step on anyones toes either (like if you usually take over the whole resort or something). I've never done anything like this so any advise would be awesome. :dunno

...I guess I could search for this stuff but I was hoping you guys could spoon feed me the answers. :D

#39 ·
Well... it's good to see somethings NEVER change around this place! It's been a WHILE and I see some new faces, but you old timers... it sure is good to see you! Kevin, glad to see you still keep an AWESOME avatar!

#44 ·
Well, I just got my leave approved. I have every intention of making it in '13. I really enjoy riding with the core group I've been riding with since '04 and '05. Can't find another bunch of guys who knows each others riding styles and techniques. Look forward to seeing the old and some new faces. I'm going to focus on making '13 more of a relaxing time focusing on the Skyway and Frosty Runs...

#46 ·
I'm in LA all this week. Dan should be approving the contract with the new owners anytime. If that happens. I will release the 2012 article over the holidays and we can role with 2013 stuff... Hope all is well with everyone..

#47 ·
I will def be there for a few of the days I only live about an hour away....asheville, nc. Haven't had a chance to ride the tail since I got out of the Marine Corps but I'm sure ill hit it up before then....maybe we could have a ride out to Cesar's head too?...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.