Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

First Ride!

795 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  BrnEyzR1 
#1 ·
Been a while since I posted.
Wife bought me my new R1 while I was in Afghanistan. Just got home a few days ago and took her out for the first ride.
I've been riding for over 25yrs and this machine is by far my favorite! It did not disappoint!
Love the balance, the position and the handling but its hands down the fastest thing I've ever driven and definitly NOT for begginers or the faint of heart. I can see how a new rider would last less than his first tank of gas.
Rolled the throttle gently about 1/8 of an inch and WOW it was like being shot out of a gun! 30mph in about 0.5sec and 15ft and that was me trying to take it easy!
Didnt get to ride her long (Im in Utah and its cold as hell especially compared to souther afghanistan) but I took what I could get. About an hour into it it started to snow so I had to put her back in the garage.
Now all I can think about is getting her back out!
This is my first liter sport bike so I want to say thanks again to everyone who gave me their advice.
Hope to meet up with more riders when things warm up!

#10 ·
1st ~ Thank you! :bow
2nd ~ Welcome home!
3rd ~ You have a great wife!
4th ~ Pictures of your bike when you can!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.