Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Carbon Fiber Suppliers List

72K views 490 replies 98 participants last post by  TheSloMoShow 
#1 · (Edited)
I often get asked where I got this or that carbon part from...so I 'm starting a list of addresses of Carbon Fibre manufacturers, suppliers and Ebay sites.

And I think a rating of 1 to 5 (5 being the most perfect quality) would help. Some of the lower rated companies provide a fine product for less money, and should be considered.

Please add to the list, no matter how small or low volume the company is. Some companies may only make a couple of parts that no other company may make.

www.motoworks.co.jp 5

www.cleverwolfracing.co.jp 5

www.dynomite.co.uk 4-5

www.bst.com 5

www.worldofqbcarbon.co.uk 4-5

www.bestem.com ?

www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au 4

www.powerbronze.co.uk 3-4

www.tekarbon.com 3-4

wwww.dashlite.com 3

See less See more
#406 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of these guys?
http://stores.ebay.com/RC-Professional-Racing-Realm
I sorta skimmed through this thread and didn't see anything about them.
Looks like they have pretty good feedback as well, but they are located in Hong Kong...

EDIT: Never mind.... Their stuff is cheap quality lol

#408 ·
tekarbon is the 'err acceptable alternative to good carbon... hahahh... looks cheap in my opinion... as far as I know they only offer replacement pieces for something if you're not happy with it... so you kind of end up with something you dont want in the 1st place...

some people have settled with it.. i still think it looks cheap.. to each their own..

its fiberglass & cf combination... not true carbon fiber... edges look dull, very unlike Yamaha oem plastics...

#409 ·
I'd go with MDI over Tekarbon and if you dont mind spending more ask for full carbon. The only piece thats not full carbon on my bike is a Tekarbon sprocket cover. Its a bit heavy.

#411 ·
#412 ·
They do have stuff on ebay or you can contact them directly through their website. What pieces are you looking for? 1carbontech is on ebay too and have some parts for the 04-06. Most of my pieces are from them and they are good to go.

#413 ·
:stpd:

#420 · (Edited)
If you get their gloss it's pretty glossy. I do polish mine occasionally.

#421 · (Edited)
Yours is the twill pattern................... correct?

If you get gloss their it's pretty glossy. I do polish mine occasionally.

#422 ·
Yes they are twill. I also upgraded to 100% carbon.

#423 · (Edited)
What is the negitive aspect of having fiberglass as a backing material?
Is it just a heavier and thicker piece when fiberglass is used?
Are we to assume less carbon fiber weave is used in the part if/when fiberglass is used as a backer material?

I have some American Sport Bike carbon parts and they look pretty good and are VERY thin. They don't use any fiberglass.

My 03 Aprilia Tuono Racing came stock with a lot of factory carbon pieces and they are beautiful pieces and much better made than the Yamaha or American Sport Bike parts.

I have only one part on my 06 LE R1 and it's the OEM tank/airbox cover.
Does the Yamaha part use standard carbon weave or twill?

#425 · (Edited)
Mr Smith's Parts: 5.0 / 5.0 Rated
(Received over 22+ parts this year already. 3 layer CF, 100% Epoxy Resin, Autoclave baked.)

I've just installed the Mr. Smith's Parts UK high gloss twill weave CF V on my R1 this week. Excellent fit and finish, no milling and it's as accurate as OEM with a nice tight seam mated to all surrounding fairings. Smooth edges, symmetrical weaves and pleasing to the eye. 3 layer CF, 100% Epoxy Resin, Autoclave baked. It took `4 weeks to make and well worth it.

I have at least 12+ pieces of CF in matte basket weave on my Panigale S from Alex the owner, and the quality/fit is the same or better than all of the other Ducati Performance CF I have on the bike (I have every CF item DP makes for the Panigale installed). The pricing was also half or less than that to what any comparable DP piece would cost if Ducati even made them.

Alex Simms is the owner, and I've dealt with him all year long on lots of carbon fiber for my ZX14R , R1 and Panigale S. He helped me create CF and is still creating CF that isn't available for my bikes and I've been very happy working with him on all of the new stuff. Best thing is that he's a sportbike enthusiast, passionate about the sport, and started his small business over a year ago because he couldn't find consistent high quality CF for his Ducati Streetfighter S and CF is ridiculously priced from Ducati. I've found him to be of high integrity and understands the carbon fiber enthusiast's perspective on demanding value and satisfaction in putting this quality stuff on their pride and joy. Everything came out smoothly even with Alex being across the pond in the UK over so many shipments and first designs, but we've always communicated well and he makes sure any unforeseen issues are completely taken care of in a reasonable and fair manner. So no worries there. In fact, I'm amazed how accurately these CF pieces on my Panigale line up so well and replicate the oem plastic fitting with the way Italians create a million stressed tabs, slots and fasteners for everything. Not nearly as easy and straightforward as Japanese bikes, trust me.

Mr. Smith's Parts is his company name in the UK (presence on USA Ebay under "MrSmith321" for Panigale CF) and Alex is a true stand-up guy. His email is bloodyfkhm@hotmail.co.uk

Please let him know Dave from the R1 Forum referred you, and I'm sure he can help you with CF parts or help create them for you at great pricing compared to any other CF manufacturer out in the world today. Some of my friends and I have more CF being made and can't wait (some unavailable firsts in the world with complex designs/shapes). Pricing is excellent. Furthermore, I don't have any vested interest in his business other than a happy customer who's finally found a reliable single source provider for great carbon fiber now and in the continuing future. Thanks, Dave

Sidenote: Alex has just advised me that he'll offer this lower V cover CF piece for 100 British Pounds shipped to the USA (~ $156 shipped from the UK to the US based on exchange rate of 100 BP) for R1 Forum members. Choose your high gloss - matte finish as well as twill or standard weave. Reach out to him and combine bundled pricing for whatever you need.

***UPDATE 1/18/14*** Alex's new website is: www.carbonfibrefever.moonfruit.com
and he now has a presence on FaceBook under "Carbon Fibre Fever." Also, on Ebay USA and UK, Mr Smith's Carbon fiber (mrsmith321)
Enjoy exploring our pics and my Panigale 1199 S, R1 and ZX14R CF. Thanks, Dave

Attachments

#427 ·
Mr Smith's Parts: 5.0 / 5.0 Rated
(Received over 22+ parts this year already. 3 layer CF, 100% Epoxy Resin, Autoclave baked.)

I've just installed the Mr. Smith's Parts UK high gloss twill weave CF V on my R1 this week. Excellent fit and finish, no milling and it's as accurate as OEM with a nice tight seam mated to all surrounding fairings. Smooth edges, symmetrical weaves and pleasing to the eye. 3 layer CF, 100% Epoxy Resin, Autoclave baked. It took `4 weeks to make and well worth it.

I have at least 12+ pieces of CF in matte basket weave on my Panigale S from Alex the owner, and the quality/fit is the same or better than all of the other Ducati Performance CF I have on the bike (I have every CF item DP makes for the Panigale installed). The pricing was also half or less than that to what any comparable DP piece would cost if Ducati even made them.

Alex Simms is the owner, and I've dealt with him all year long on lots of carbon fiber for my ZX14R , R1 and Panigale S. He helped me create CF and is still creating CF that isn't available for my bikes and I've been very happy working with him on all of the new stuff. Best thing is that he's a sportbike enthusiast, passionate about the sport, and started his small business over a year ago because he couldn't find consistent high quality CF for his Ducati Streetfighter S and CF is ridiculously priced from Ducati. I've found him to be of high integrity and understands the carbon fiber enthusiast's perspective on demanding value and satisfaction in putting this quality stuff on their pride and joy. Everything came out smoothly even with Alex being across the pond in the UK over so many shipments and first designs, but we've always communicated well and he makes sure any unforeseen issues are completely taken care of in a reasonable and fair manner. So no worries there. In fact, I'm amazed how accurately these CF pieces on my Panigale line up so well and replicate the oem plastic fitting with the way Italians create a million stressed tabs, slots and fasteners for everything. Not nearly as easy and straightforward as Japanese bikes, trust me.

Mr. Smith's Parts is his company name in the UK (presence on USA Ebay) and Alex is a true stand-up guy. His email is bloodyfkhm@hotmail.co.uk

Please let him know Dave from the R1 Forum referred you, and I'm sure he can help you with CF parts or help create them for you at great pricing compared to any other CF manufacturer out in the world today. Some of my friends and I have more CF being made and can't wait (some unavailable firsts in the world with complex designs/shapes). Pricing is excellent. Furthermore, I don't have any vested interest in his business other than a happy customer who's finally found a reliable single source provider for great carbon fiber now and in the continuing future. Thanks, Dave

Sidenote: Alex has just advised me that he'll offer this piece for 100 British Pounds shipped to the USA (~ $156 shipped from the UK to the US based on exchange rate of 100 BP) for R1 Forum members. Choose your high gloss - matte finish as well as twill or standard weave. Reach out to him and combine bundled pricing for whatever you need.
Hello RU_MATRX,
I there a chance you could post some kind of link to Mr. Smith's Parts carbon? I searched on Ebay and did a Google search and could not come up with anything....

Thanks!
-John

#430 · (Edited)
He has a lot of stuff listed for the R1s especially 04-06 (posted the R1 V). Contact him directly in email bloodyfkhm@hotmail.co.uk
for your 09+ R1 carbon fiber. I just began working with Alex on a twill weave CF fairing stay that will accommodate mirrors /headlights/gauges just like OEM.

For example on the 04-06 R1s, here's a quick list I received in email last month which also had pics.

Per Alex:

R1 parts 04-06 model that I can source in any finish satin or gloss and any weave twill or basket. Also I can do colored (impregnated carbon) and get fairings in part fibre glass with a outer carbon layer at a reduced cost (for race bikes).

Seat cover 65.00
Air duct covers 85.00
Top panels 60.00
Air tube covers 80
Rear hugger (includes chain guard) 130
Front fairing/nose cone 200
Side panels 305
Lower side panels 305
Ram air duct covers 200
Front fender 120
Rear fairing 200
Up frame guard cover fairing 150
Pickup cover 30.00
Clutch cover 50.00
Alternator cover 35.00
Windshield 95.00
Exhaust guard 45.00
Heel guard 45.00
Fairing triangle 100.00
Fairing holder 110
Frame covers 130
Silencer guard 100
Position lamp cover 45.00
All prices are in UK pounds and include postage.

#431 ·
I used to buy from crown moto but literally every single piece had issues - I can understand some minor modification but certain things were just ridiculous ! With carbon fiber I've found u get what you pay for ! My lacomoto hugger was flawless so I'm deff considering them for the frame and swing arm covers! I'm looking into having some type of finish sprayed on my carbon fiber to give it something special like a pearl blue or something has anyone done such or have any experience with this ? I would buy the colored carbon fiber but my hugger and fender will not match so that was my next idea so any thoughts?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#440 · (Edited)
In reference to the quality carbon fiber on my R1 and other bikes, Alex Simm's has new social media sites for 100% 3 layer CF, epoxy resin, autoclave formed. Mr. Smith's Carbon Fiber. Please see my review POST#425 above and some of my latest pics of CF twill high gloss on my ZX14R, several are firsts in the world I helped to create with donated parts.

***UPDATE 1/18/14*** Alex's new website is: www.carbonfibrefever.moonfruit.com
and he now has a presence on FaceBook under "Carbon Fibre Fever." Also, on Ebay USA and UK, Mr Smith's Carbon fiber (mrsmith321). Alex's email is bloodyfkhm@hotmail.co.uk

Enjoy exploring our pics and my Panigale 1199 S, R1 and ZX14R CF. Thanks, Dave

Attachments

#443 ·
'Lo guys,

Anyone can recommend a high-quality , good looks, finish, fit, protection non-stick on carbon fiber engine covers for >= 09? Just got myself '12, and want to protect it but with carbon looks.

I would want to buy Leo Vince set, which look really high quality, and are bolt on. This is no track only bike, so I don't want to stick on the covers. But i can't find anyone who actually has that set in stock.

I think Akrapovic don't do those ? They would have been prob excellent fit..
I would want Arrow make, but they don't do those either.

#444 ·
I really don't want to read through 23 pages and I didn't see it on the first page, but I recently bought a Carbon Fiber Works front fender for my bike. I'd say it's a 6-7/10 quality piece. I bought it used so it's hard to tell if any of the damage is from a previous owner, but the clear is pitting in some places and the CF / clear doesn't cover all the way to the edges in some of the tight corners around where it mounts up. It is definitely 100% CF though. No faking that when you can see the backside. Could have easily just been wear and tear from use from it being, ya know, a front fender LOL.

Having said all of that you would REALLY have to be looking at this thing up close to notice ANY damage. From 2 feet away it looks amazing. Really cool piece.

#448 ·
Anyone try z4motorsports.com carbon? They are on eBay too and they have a lot of things. I plan on painting most of my 07 bike I just got a crazy color with carbon accents (ducts, front tank cover, mid side fairings, fenders ect...) And I'd like to buy everything from one person so hopefully all the carbon matches

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.