Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Carbon Fiber Suppliers List

72K views 490 replies 98 participants last post by  TheSloMoShow 
#1 · (Edited)
I often get asked where I got this or that carbon part from...so I 'm starting a list of addresses of Carbon Fibre manufacturers, suppliers and Ebay sites.

And I think a rating of 1 to 5 (5 being the most perfect quality) would help. Some of the lower rated companies provide a fine product for less money, and should be considered.

Please add to the list, no matter how small or low volume the company is. Some companies may only make a couple of parts that no other company may make.

www.motoworks.co.jp 5

www.cleverwolfracing.co.jp 5

www.dynomite.co.uk 4-5

www.bst.com 5

www.worldofqbcarbon.co.uk 4-5

www.bestem.com ?

www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au 4

www.powerbronze.co.uk 3-4

www.tekarbon.com 3-4

wwww.dashlite.com 3

See less See more
#239 · (Edited)
Fren Tubo Carbon Fiber lines installed for the front so far. Massco twill CF fender and showing off the front end. Will update with better pics on my other pc.

Attachments

#242 · (Edited)
Excellent work Dave. Very tasty components:fact

How was the vendor on the shift rod?
Thanks Dylan. I posted up some pics of their CF shift rods for the Ducatis up a few posts (#223) on this thread. Shift Tech is located in Hollywood, FL. and the owner of the company I spoke to made my custom 160mm length rod vs 140mm Ducati within a day and shipped it right away. Excellent price and great talking to the guy, his Italian name escapes me at the moment. It feels literally half the weight of the SATO racing aluminum rod. I'm really looking forward to their quality CF for the Ducati 1199 by July 2012.

http://shift-tech-carbon.com/

#243 ·
Beautiful stuff Dave. That's some excellent quality CF, the build quality of this aftermarket gear is greatly improving. :bow

I can't believe I'm asking this, but how much was the sprocket cover? That and my Evo Composites tail tidy, are the only 1mm weave left on my bike. :shake

#244 · (Edited)
Beautiful stuff Dave. That's some excellent quality CF, the build quality of this aftermarket gear is greatly improving. :bow

I can't believe I'm asking this, but how much was the sprocket cover? That and my Evo Composites tail tidy, are the only 1mm weave left on my bike. :shake
Thanks Ben! I got a great deal dealing with Toni / Martin who were excellent in always communicating with me on progress and details. To me the 100% CF mid fairing pieces were not much more than my previous CF twill covers. pm sent. The CF sprocket cover was a great price.

#246 · (Edited)
Also, these are 100% CF w/ epoxy resin custom made on order 3-4 weeks. It's not much more of a premium compared to their standard CF layer w/ fiberglass. Twill
2x2 weave doesn't add any additional cost to their published prices. Make sure you specify the above. They are great!

http://mdicarbonfiber.com/store/index.php

#418 ·
Do the MDI Carbon parts have a deep glossy shine?
It might be just the pics but some of the pics looks like they are not very glossy.

Also, these are 100% CF w/ epoxy resin custom made on order 3-4 weeks. It's not much more of a premium compared to their standard CF layer w/ fiberglass. Twill
2x2 weave doesn't add any additional cost to their published prices. Make sure you specify the above. They are great!

http://mdicarbonfiber.com/store/index.php

#247 ·
Wonder if they will list the sprocket cover on their website because they don't list it now. I'd like to eventually order the undertank panels, air duct covers, and the top panels from them. Pretty sure I'll go with MR for the rear hugger though. That would be all the carbon I'd like to add. Don't want to go overboard.

#249 ·
There is a company called Green Crown Carbon, they are Chinese but before you write them off, have a listen to their claims....

Product Description
Carbon fiber products
*Process--Autoclave
*Mold--Steel mold
*Material--Prepreg, epoxy resin
*Surface--Clear coated & UV protected for non-fading hi-gloss look or matt finish
*Cutting--CNC cutting, precise and perfect shape
*Fitment--Duplicated according to original parts, exact and perfect fitment
*Packing--Inner foam for single part & outer carton
*Transportation--First choice EMS or other shipping way which decide by customers (UPS, DHL, FedEx, By sea^)

We ensure fast and punctual delivery, and 25 hours customer service.
We also made high quality carbon fiber products for other different brands of motorcycles, including Aprilia, BMW, Buell, BMW, Honda, YAMAHA, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Triumph, etc. You have plentiful choices in our catalogue.

OEM designs or original samples can be made in carbon fiber too.

They will also do them in pure twill, pure plain CF, cf/kevlar, or cf with a fibreglass backing for the budget minded.

I have a mate with an 09 and a mate with an 05, with their stuff, and it looks bloody good to me.

I'm waiting on a bunch of pictures, I'll post them here when I get em.

Attachments

#250 ·
thanks for the pics B.

looking forward to seeing more...

#252 ·
Hmmm, I haven't seen that version of their site before, E. Cheers.

By the way....a little info for those with an 04-06...the 07-08 sprocket cover bolts straight on.:thumbup

#253 ·
:thumbup

Tried the no sprocket cover thing for a while... but you have to keep it stupidly clean I already clean n lube every 600km max and ain't doing more than that :no

#254 ·
Slack...I clean and lube every 2 or 3 rides. :flex:

Keep it clean and it only takes 2 minutes. :thumbup

#255 ·
600km is the average length ride for me normally 10-12 hours door to door :secret: :flex:

For example... Melbourne is bottom left hand corner all the way to the top which is Whitfield. The black spur and Jamieson, Mansfield in the guts.

:flex:

#257 ·
Hahaha doesn't happen very often though. '04 with 15k and I've had it 2 years. I generally give up half way but have to get home some how :crash

Anyway I've thread jacked enough for one day :hammer:

#258 ·
wow way down

#260 · (Edited)
Green Crown Carbon

Okay so I've received word back from GCC ( same initials as Geelong Carbon Craft I just realised :dundun: :lol )

This was from Eddy in China:

"Dear Elijah:

Well received your inquiry about lower fairings of Yamaha R1 2004-2006, is the fairing attached? Our distributor in Australia-Simon will help any details you want to know. Thanks.
Best Regards

Eddy Wu
Green Crown International Co. Ltd."

Very quick response.... on the weekend mind you!

A day later Simon emails the following:

"Hi Elijah,

Thank you for your carbon parts enquiry. I have attched a complete catalog for all parts we can supply you for your Yamaha YZF-R1 2004-06. We have recently supplied a customer a variety of parts for your model which they have uploaded pictures to our facebook page.

www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Crown-Carbon/336691513008721

Please confirm the items you are interested in and we will draft you a quote on parts and delivery. Some items are currently on sale 15-25% off.

Thank you for your enquiry, We look forward to speaking to you soon.

Kind Regards

Simon"

Yes they have a FB page :sneaky with quite a few pictures of carbon on an 05 R1 mind you!

I've attached the PDF for 04-06 if it doesn't work PM your email :thumbup

How do you think the price is on the lowers guys? Lowers are really the only thing one my carbon list (for now). I've never much cared for the flat grey lowers my Lava red came with, bugs get stuck in it like crazy and it slowly looses its metallic too. I'm running solid black atm with clear and makes the bike 10x better looking imo, even though they are the lowers from my after market kit :( :shake:ugh

Attachments

#283 ·
Okay so I've received word back from GCC ( same initials as Geelong Carbon Craft I just realised :dundun: :lol )
thanks mate! i cant believe you got response so quickly!! i have yet to hear from them at all.. arghh.. lol..

just found their Australian supplier email on that facebook page...

if you have another email that may be helpful for those in N. America that would be great!!

tnx again for the info...

#261 · (Edited)
That's about equal to, or slightly more expensive than Dynomite lowers.

If you can bear to wait, I'll remind my mate about the photo's he promised...

I think you want more evidence before committing yourself, at that price.

If you compare their tail and solo cowl to mine....mine has had more care put into it.

Green Crown

Dynomite

#262 ·
That's about equal to, or slightly more expensive than Dynomite lowers.

If you can bear to wait, I'll remind my mate about the photo's he promised...

I think you want more evidence before committing yourself, at that price.
Yeah that would be great I'm In no rush. I've sworn to give modding a rest for a month or so... and have already stuffed that up and about to stuff it up again :flex: :lol

If prices are that close I'd much prefer Dynomite :fact it comes with a proven track record to boot.

#264 ·
And the main fairing infills/inner fairing :sneaky

I know you have them Ben, but they are rare :sneaky

#273 · (Edited)
I was wondering whether you ever slept E. :lol

Those Motarbo CF inner panels are the ones I've got.

#277 ·
Hardly worth worrying about considering their location.... Just keep midgets busy with talk of the underslung at the other end :crash

Hate to be a stick in the mud... but much lighter than OEM?

#284 ·
Here's what Simon, the Aus distributor for Green Crown sent me.

Here are some pics for you of the carbon I recently fitted to my R1. I will try and get a few better ones to send you.
The fit was great with a few lil tweaks as you would expect, but not much at all. The finish is brilliant as you can see in the pics and very few blemishes at all.

I understand that you have used some of the best quality carbon products so I hope these don't disappoint.

Kind Regards

Simon

Green Crown Carbon

#285 ·
Thanks mate :) I'd say a 3 tops looking at those... especially in areas like the tank where a bad fit is super noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.