Attention - Upcoming Password Changes - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

R1-forum Site Help and Suggestions Need help using this message board, have a question or just testing a post. Help us make this site better!

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 11:53 AM
R1 it's Legendary...like MOTO

I wasn't notified at all about a password change. Tried logging in once and the system claimed I tried multiple times. Figured I'd reset my password anyway not knowing that this was going on. The failed. I finally used this address to reset it.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/sendmessage.php

What a bunch of bullshit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

BaLLiSTiX go get'um
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB537 View Post
I wasn't notified at all about a password change. Tried logging in once and the system claimed I tried multiple times. Figured I'd reset my password anyway not knowing that this was going on. The failed. I finally used this address to reset it.

Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums - Contact Us

What a bunch of bullshit.

There was an announcement on this change, and emails were sent out notifying you that the change had taken place, along with a temporary password.

Attention - Password and Security Update

However, due to the password resets we were performing, several mail providers have throttled our overnight password resets on this community, which caused a delay for members to receive them.

If anyone has not received a password reset as of yet, please request one using the "forgot password" function.

Thanks,
- JB

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:43 PM
Chillin'

Garage
It's not just this forum.

The same changes have been made on another forum I use.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:12 PM
I eat my R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by One2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharandy View Post
this is what happens when you fill your site with adds and adds and more adds. it's a playground for hackers. this isnt' the first time one of your adds has been compromised. one of them took me to a site that firefox had flagged as dangerous.
If more people, like yourself, contributed to the forum, they wouldn't need as many ads.
If the site was owned by a member and not an ad agency i would contribute money. But all youre doing is contributing to their effort to buy up every forum there is. Then they let the forum fall apart because theyre not being moderated. Go vusit the r6 forum. There are random posts all over it in sections it doesnt belong. People have turned the computer help section into a bike tuning section. Because they see computer help and assume its about tuning.

Last edited by yamaharandy; 06-17-2016 at 01:20 PM.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:13 PM
R1 it's Legendary...like MOTO

Anyway, it's all good now. We back. Koo. Let's turn some bullshit into shrooms we getting funky.

BaLLiSTiX go get'um
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Yamaha blue, in any color.

Send a message via Yahoo to DanQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharandy View Post
If the site was owned by a member and not an ad agency i would contribute money. But all youre doing is contributing to their effort to buy up every forum there is. Then they let the forum fall apart because theyre not being moderated. Go vusit the r6 forum. There are random posts all over it in sections it doesnt belong. People have turned the computer help section into a bike tuning section. Because they see computer help and assume its about tuning.
When you see stuff like that, report it. The Forum (this one and the R6) are moderated, but we are all working people that have jobs etc. There is only so much time we can search for discrepancies. So members reporting it when they see it is most helpful.

Thanks! Please try to enjoy the Forum.

Signature by SpidermanSS. Thanks Shane!

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1

05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 Vmax 20th Anniversary 98 of 2000
04 Road Star Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 08:55 PM
My R1 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
hey all,

The article fails to mention that the breach was for a third party plugin. This breach is on countless sites across the internet and not just limited to ours.
We cleared our part of the breach and went this route to further security. This is also in place as many members on the internet use the same or similar passwords across all things they use.

We cannot go into detail at the moment as it is being dealt with on a legal level.

~Shane
I too also am using a temp password because I was locked out of my account. I did not receive any email that my password was being changed. Even if I did I would of deleted the email thinking it was a scam. The forum should of asked us to go to the site and change our passwords ourselves.

****Today, I got this email, is this true? (copy and pasted below)*****

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice of Data Breach

You may have heard reports recently about a security issue involving VerticalScope. We would like to make sure you have the facts about what happened, what information was involved, and the steps we are taking to help protect you. VerticalScope owns and operates a number of community websites. You are receiving this email because you are a registered user of the following community website(s) involved in the data breach:
www.r1-forum.com
Digital Home

What Happened?

On June 13, 2016, we became aware that February 2016 data stolen from VerticalScope was being made available online.

What Information Was Involved?

Community member usernames, email addresses, hashed passwords, community userIDS, community website, and the IP address the username originally registered with.

What We Are Doing

We have invalidated passwords of all VerticalScope user accounts. We have posted a site security notification on each site updating users on the potential risk to certain accounts, the password reset and steps we are implementing to improve security. We have implemented stronger password rules (passwords now require a minimum of 10+ characters and a mixture of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols) along with automated account password expiries to encourage more frequent password changes. We will remind our users to use good password practices (not using the same password for multiple online accounts and using unique strong passwords). We are in the process of implementing additional safeguards to detect, alert and mitigate any future brute force attempts, and have notified our third party vendors that interact with our various forum API's of the February breach to allow their own security teams to investigate. We are continuing our investigation and will be collecting information to provide to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.

VerticalScope is taking steps to strengthen account security. We were already using encrypted passwords and salted hashes to store passwords, and our new password controls are intended to further strengthen user security. We are taking steps to investigate and test new encryption and security technologies to further protect our users.

What You Can Do

To keep your account as safe as possible, we recommend that you regularly change your VerticalScope community password, and that you use a unique password for each of your online accounts. Using the same password for multiple online accounts significantly increases your chances of being compromised. Even though the passwords stolen in February were hashed, we recommend that if you were using (or are currently using) your VerticalScope community password across multiple online accounts, that you change your password for such other online accounts. We encourage you to regularly review your accounts and report any suspicious or unrecognized activity immediately.

For More Information

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Community Management team by email at cmsupport@verticalscope.com or on the website that you frequent. A support thread has been created on each website, and our support teams are on there to help you through the process and answer any questions you may have. A Notice of Data Breach is also available on community websites involved in the data breach.

This email was sent by VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 700, Toronto, ON, M5V2H1. If you have any questions regarding the communications you receive from us, please contact us.

2007 Carbon Fiber R1, led turn signal mirrors, Pazzo shorties, Aftermarket headlights, Yoshimura TRC 3/4 Full Exhaust, Renthal grips, Yoshimura bar ends, led signals, homemade phone mount, under tail delete with integrated led tail light, no-cut frame sliders.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm the happy go lucky mod!

Garage
yup... all true

sig pic courtesy of THE GODFATHER!

Greenstreak quote from Barber... "Woah... I have a log in my ass!"

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
TEAM: SO SCARED NO LEAN

Godspeed to my fallen brothers - elviswarrior, Gawarrior, Vman1300

post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R1

The email was sent by us regarding this whole password changing and the reasoning behind it.

~Sheena

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:
|
|
|
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode