Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Honda Grom Engine Swap

11K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  MaRce1o 
#1 ·
Has anyone done or know someone who has tried swapping the motor on a brom for something different?

I'm thinking maybe 125cc 2 stroke maybe?

Any ideas? Comments? Concerns?

Reactions: Treemugger
#2 ·
Search on google for honda grom engine swap. There have been a few that have done it. Most regret doing it though, as the head aches it causes far outweigh any benefits. Some people switched to a cbr125r motor. It has six speed and you can get racing cams for it. The motor makes around 13hp stock. But with mods and race gas maybe 18 hp? That would double the hp of the Grom and give you six gears.
Fitting a CBR250R engine into a Grom - Page 5 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums

A 2 stroke would be the bees knees!

#4 ·
Have done it. Was more looking if i can get first hand with someone who has done something to one. Good info there though.

I will be doing a 54hp swap in mine. Want to guess what motor I'll be using? :devil:
CRF450? :dunno :lol

#15 ·
First lets cause the issue. Then well figure out what to do there :lol

#17 ·
I've already upgraded the calipers on mine(along with quite a few other things). Suspension was probably the biggest "must" for the Grom.

#18 ·
Oh I agree...they let me take it on track a couple of months ago and even though I was scrapping pegs everywhere I could feel the softness :lol

#22 ·
Seen that one...too expensive for me :lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.