Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Fz10

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  hutch311 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

FZ-10Forum.com - The Largest 2017+ Yamaha MT-10 / FZ-10 Forum And Community!

Seriously thinking about trading in my 2014 R1 for this beauty. I just can't stop looking at it. I know, its equivalent to an R1S, but I don't race or knee drag. I like to cruise and accelerate sometimes, but nothing crazy. Should I trade it in or not? Anyone ride this baby yet? I'm also nervous to hear about any tranny recalls or something of that nature (which I doubt, if it is seriously just an R1S in different, less clothing).

See less See more
#6 ·
I agree, sounds like a great bike for you, unfortunately, trade in value usually sucks unless you've purchased a bunch of bikes from the same dealer and you have a good relationship with them. I do like the bike though and may go to my dealer and take one for a test ride and add it to the collection if I really like it.

#9 ·
I wish I made that kind of money. Made an appointment to test ride. If I like it, I'll get a quote on trade in value and then probably sell it locally a little above the trade in value.

no it is NOT just a R1S..... everything about it is made to make the bike "feel" nastier, it has the same wheel base as a FZ07, different size sprockets for more pep, all of this plus the ergos will make it very *unicycle'ish* bike, everyone jokes about never needing a new front tire because it wheelies so much.

I have considered getting this bike because I finally put my 2013 R1 in Track clothes.

It is what the FZ1 always should have been.

You said you don't drag knees and don't race but if you look up the videos of this bike, especially the "bike show" from South Africa on YouTube, you will see that it is VERY capable for a streetbike.

GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't drag knees or race but I LOVE to wheelie. If this is a wheelie machine, then this sounds like the perfect bike for me.

Thanks for the advice guys. If I decide to swap bikes, I'll be parting out my R1. Stay tuned for parts.

#8 ·
no it is NOT just a R1S..... everything about it is made to make the bike "feel" nastier, it has the same wheel base as a FZ07, different size sprockets for more pep, all of this plus the ergos will make it very *unicycle'ish* bike, everyone jokes about never needing a new front tire because it wheelies so much.

I have considered getting this bike because I finally put my 2013 R1 in Track clothes.

It is what the FZ1 always should have been.

You said you don't drag knees and don't race but if you look up the videos of this bike, especially the "bike show" from South Africa on YouTube, you will see that it is VERY capable for a streetbike.

GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
When we got our first couple delivered it took a while for me to get use to the transformer bike. (thats what we are all calling it at my dealer) It is kinda cool looking. I want one, so I can supercharge it. Haven't had a change to really ride one or work on one yet. But as we all know its just a naked R1S basically.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.