Drag Timesheets, Tips, & Mods - Page 2 - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Drag Racing 1/8 and 1/4 mile Performance.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 307 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
1/4 mile in X.XX seconds?

Send a message via AIM to ProphetR1 Send a message via Yahoo to ProphetR1
Yea I know I am definetly gonna use it for education part but mostly for the seat time on the new bike completly new brand of bike shorter wheel base. Less aftermarket part that make the bike easier to ride. So I am definetly going to need the seat time it shouldn't be too bad sinnce it willbe my street bike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Wanna try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raced Guy View Post
Yeah it will be progressive for sure. I like that my buddy with a 50shot on his busa cant run me down until after the the 1320 mark, but my 60fts and 330s are alot better.

Sounds like your buddy can't ride. I was going 9.40's stock motor at 61" on my Busa and it is more of a street bike than your R1...LOL

02 Busa - turbo
09 R6S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

hey does anyone know where i can get a flat oil pan either 1.5 or 2 inch for n 05 r1

post #24 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Ghostrider Squadron

nope.. no one makes one for it.

R.I.P K_FleXXX June 15, 2006

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 Turbo Hayabusa Streetbike Shootout Bike. Velocity Racing Turbo
2004 YAMAHA R1 extended arm, schnitz progressive controller 217 r.w.h.p.

post #25 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1longR1 View Post
nope.. no one makes one for it.
that sucks cuase they are saying that they ae mandatory i guess ill have to get a diaper
post #26 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

bad05R1 here is a pic of that chormemoly arm that i am going to be getting for nxt season this is not the exact one so the only thing that may be different is the neck
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chrome moly arm.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	316916  
post #27 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Khaos

awesome man...ill give ya a call this weekend about it...im down for one
post #28 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

no prob i have to do some work for u to get one but i am sure u will have something i want later if u dont already have the hook up wih what i want hehehehe na but seriously thats what the forum is for u look out for me i look out for you
post #29 of 307 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

winter mods have begun

Pick a lane hahahaha

broke down the motor bout to do my head and other things these are the stock pics ill post the after pics up when i get this done...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00058.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	317074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00057.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	317075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00056.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	317076   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00055.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	317077  
post #30 of 307 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Addicted for Life

Quote:
Sounds like your buddy can't ride. I was going 9.40's stock motor at 61" on my Busa and it is more of a street bike than your R1...LOL
I know he isnt the best rider but even on the freeway going from a roll i still take him off the spary by a fair amount. I dont care though as long as im beating him im happy. I am running pretty consistent with all the bolt on busas that are at the track so im happy with where the bike wast at. Now its getting torn down and built up for some spray.

05 R1---->

Pearl white, brocks sidewinder exhuast,filter, stacks, pc3, lowered and stretched. SOLD

09 R1,white and red, brocks alien head exhaust and clutch mod, mcoy oil lne, jett flash.

2008 Pro StreetHaybusa- 7.60@190
post #31 of 307 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Ive got a question maybe yall could help me out - ive got a 2001 champ ed r1 that ive been racing for about 3 years now ran short until last two races of last season( i run semdra www.semdra.org)if yall have ever heard of it any way bike ran right on 6.60s short occasionally mid 50s put the extensions and a shinko on and ran a 6.39 at carolina dragway in october and 10.00 @ 135 in gainsville at prostar world finals. Now to the question i want to run the new street fighter class which is 9.50 and need to get there the cheapest way possible. Thinkin spray but dont know the best kit to buy and dont know how much I would need. Currently bike is completely stock internals strapped lowered front and back extensions,geared, and air shifter. got a kn high flow air filter ordered so any suggestions on nitrous kit or any other past experieces with this bike would be appreciated! Would i need to get the clutch conversion for nitrous to get rid of pressure plate? would engine handle the nitrous? thanks
post #32 of 307 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Ghostrider Squadron

does bike have full system?? jet kit? whats ur weight? at least running 15 on front. any dry shot will get u .4 in 1/4 with 40 shot. for that bike u need wet kit. all are pretty generic and u have to set it up so it fits. i would get progressive controller, and rpw window switch. course with prostar u have to run ballast blanket if u run nitrous at all. rpm windw switch and progressive controller let u dial it in. u can add or take away power, delay power( some controllers have delay) so if ur bike runs like 9.49, u might want to delay when it comes on, or change rpm it comes on(window switch)

i will tell you this from running super street class in TXSOm its same index. i was #1 qualifier at all but 1 race, ended up 2nd in points( me in first at last race, and guy in 2nd went down to finals in final race, broke out, ran 9.48, he ran 9.51) first 3 races, even qual #1, i was just adding 20 shot in 2nd gear only. my bike on motor ran 9.57s so it needed @ .1. even tho it worked. i didnt think it would be consistent enuff to win class(again tho i went to finals in 2 of first 3 races and was #1 qual) so i added window switch. it would run nitrous in all gears.. but i could add delay in box, or start nitrous in between a small window. initially i set it up for 20 shot(lowest i could go on box) and for it to come on at 10k rpms and go off at 11k rpms. figured that would get me .1. but friday night TNT i ran out of fuel i used c-16, and went back to pump gas(stock motor and stock exhaust) so it didnt need that fuel, just safety for nitrous. filled up with pump gas, and bike ran 9.48 first pass, so i didnt need nitrous at all. in end on pump fuel bike ran 9.30s and i had to short shift to slow it down. i will tell u this. if u cant run 9.50-9.57 or so every pass, its tough class. first race wont be where everyone runs #, but once they figure it out.. top guys are all gonna run 9.50-9.55 each time.. comes down to tree and running index.

and ues sr3 spring conversion will help, tho not must..unless u use alot of nitrous.. again i would do it anyways. or run 2 diaphram springs. dont use filter.. it wont help... made @ 50 passes on dyno tuning my 00 with stock and KN filter.. 1 hp different(more with KN) but at track bike wouldnt run as fast with it as stock filter. but u can try for urself and see what it does. also look at maybe getting head ported and polished, and run thinner gasket( split stock on..there is thread on mech section on headwork and all info on splitting stock gasket). getting .5 out of nitrous system, means u will have to spray pretty much off get go..which is why i think u need progressive.. u will need at least 40 to get there..but spraying 40-50 in first... well maybe too much and make it hard to ride. in that class its about being consistent and running #.

contact BSR-1 about head... he does good work pretty cheap.. see what he can do for you.

post #33 of 307 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 03:43 PM

thanks for advice yea i know what u mean about being consistent semdra runs 1/8 mile at 6.60 index i was lucky enough to win that championship in 06 didnt quite measure up to that last year my problem is im contemplating whether or not to run the class because im going to be graduating college in may and should be able to get a busa soon enough and i dont need the nitrous to run semdra except maybe for the possibility of running the 6.0 class. If i could buy the nitrous and only have a couple hundred dollars in it (and i do mean under 500) then i would do it other wise i think ill just wait. My dad has raced super comp for a long time and he says he isnt racing this year so i might just race his bike and focus on that instead. I just really like the street bike index class and feel like im really good at it and with having raced in one for 3 years im used to the tree so i dont know guess i have to make a decision soon march 1st is coming up fast. oh to answer your question no the bike has not been jetted and only has a gytr slip on.
post #34 of 307 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 08:21 AM

Here is an old slip of mine

It has been quicker but don't want everyone to see what it has ran.

1998 turbo R1

bhartley

bhartley
post #35 of 307 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Ghostrider Squadron

Racemont.. u ever get other arm finished and on bike?? havent heard from ya in while. sure bike is hauling.

post #36 of 307 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1longR1 View Post
Racemont.. u ever get other arm finished and on bike?? havent heard from ya in while. sure bike is hauling.

Got the top bracing cut down but not welded up.
Fabricator had to move and he has not got his shop setup yet.
Oh well I am not it any big hurry.
Maybe seven's later this year. Depends on how hard I beat on it.

Bill

bhartley
post #37 of 307 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Ghostrider Squadron

well one day.. im going to catch flight up there..and i want to see it go. that and if u want 120 rider to make go....im always ready.

post #38 of 307 (permalink) Old 03-05-2008, 10:33 PM
Stretched out 10 + 2

05 R1

I have a 05 R1 with the following mods:
Stock Exhaust w/ Race Repack, Cat & Exup Valve Removed
SMOG Removed
Crankcase breather relocated away from airbox
Aftermarket airfilter
-1/+3 Sprockets
Stretched 12"
Lower Rear 3"/ Front 1 1/4"
Front Strap
93 Octane
Stock Clutches w/ 6 Stiff Springs
Clutch Reoiler Line

I ran a 6.1390 @ 116.03
My scanner wont pick up my timeslip but I will give you the exact numbers
60ft 1.4889
330ft 4.0242
594ft 5.7512
1/8th 6.1390
MPH 116.03

I'm 22 years old 6'5 190lbs suited and have race at Outer Banks Speedway in Creswel, NC. My best 60ft is a 1.46.

The 6.13 pass was the last of the 07 season. My first race of the 08 season is on March 15th. For this season the bike has received the following mods:

Brocks Sidewinder
Custom Map
Air Shifter
2.5lb Bottle
40 Dry Shot

I will post my times the weekend of the race and hope to run 5.7s with my new setup. The only advice I have for R1 riders is if you wanna go fast get a busa but if you want a challenge keep racing the R1. Its all in the launch. Let your clutches cool between rounds and make sure you are at a track that is well prepared. If the track is right then leave like you're going to the moon and keep those 60fts low. If anyone has any questions just get at me and I'd be glad to answer them.
post #39 of 307 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhardgrove View Post
I have a 05 R1 with the following mods:
Stock Exhaust w/ Race Repack, Cat & Exup Valve Removed
SMOG Removed
Crankcase breather relocated away from airbox
Aftermarket airfilter
-1/+3 Sprockets
Stretched 12"
Lower Rear 3"/ Front 1 1/4"
Front Strap
93 Octane
Stock Clutches w/ 6 Stiff Springs
Clutch Reoiler Line

I ran a 6.1390 @ 116.03
My scanner wont pick up my timeslip but I will give you the exact numbers
60ft 1.4889
330ft 4.0242
594ft 5.7512
1/8th 6.1390
MPH 116.03

I'm 22 years old 6'5 190lbs suited and have race at Outer Banks Speedway in Creswel, NC. My best 60ft is a 1.46.

The 6.13 pass was the last of the 07 season. My first race of the 08 season is on March 15th. For this season the bike has received the following mods:

Brocks Sidewinder
Custom Map
Air Shifter
2.5lb Bottle
40 Dry Shot

I will post my times the weekend of the race and hope to run 5.7s with my new setup. The only advice I have for R1 riders is if you wanna go fast get a busa but if you want a challenge keep racing the R1. Its all in the launch. Let your clutches cool between rounds and make sure you are at a track that is well prepared. If the track is right then leave like you're going to the moon and keep those 60fts low. If anyone has any questions just get at me and I'd be glad to answer them.
hey post up some pics of the bike cause we are goping to have a very similar setup .///i may see u at outer banks i have never been there but anything is possible i know u will see me if u plan on runnin at rockingham this year cause i am and i am running in the true street class with a very similar setup as u....only thing i can see off the top of my head being different is a lil head work....but ill have about a 40 dry shot and sporckets of course have decided how big or small yet so let me know thoses times as soon as u get urs back i am a lil heavier than u by about 15 pounds and ill be at 66 incehes so thats about 11 or 12 over so let me see those pics i want to get a glimpse of what i am gonna look like when i get done.....and dont forget to post those time from the 15th....
post #40 of 307 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
Stretched out 10 + 2

I forgot to add I removed the secondary throttle body blades and the arm. Outer Banks Speedway has an incredible track and the 15th is an all bike race from 2-10pm gates open at 12. Check out the website outerbanksspeedway.com. I can leave at about 8-10k rpm and have a problem wheelie'n with a 67" wheelbase and thats with my stock setup. i'm gonna try to figure out how to upload pics of my bike its still in the shop and i ordered nitrous yesterday the kit should be here by saturday and hopefully installed by the 15th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode