thats correct, no spray, no real motor work, and yes foot shifting. only internal mod was the split head gasket which raises compression to ~ 12.9:1. I had blown up my built motor, and snagged an ebaby out of a downed bike. I pulled the head to inspect things. it all looked good, so I split the gasket and slapped it back together. But its otherwise stock. I didn't even degree the cams in.
what cracks me up, is that I'm running the stock header with exup removed. If I could get the dang 60' lower, it might go 9.0s. But I'll be happy to see some teens out of it before I touch anything else.
Next season I hope to have my other motor back together (full radius valve job, ported head, degreed cams, ceramic tranny bearings, etc). Maybe even a header or something. I'm contemplating doing my own single sided exhaust setup. we'll see. I'd expect nothing less than some 0s or high 8s with that motor. But only time will tell.
strong work MattD. With a new clutch and working that 1/8th a bit harder, you're going to be clicking off 30s in no time. Hopefully you can catch some good air this fall, that always helps :-D