Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Tyre pressures for M7RR

8K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  r6vn 
#1 ·
I ride mainly twisty roads with 100km+ speeds, Im in Australia and regularly ride in 30 degree+ weather "86F" I have just changed to Metzeler Racetec K3 tyres , The rear got a flat today with less than 1000kms on it which sucks but anyway had to replace it with what my local dealer had in stock which was a Metzeler M7RR, so now have mismatched patterns which I usually don't do but I will see how it goes, anyway what tyre pressures do you recommend I know the RS10's like high pressures, Do you recommend the same with what I have on now. Mainly just aggressive twisty roads no track riding at this stage, Thanks

#10 ·
Agreed, I thought the Q3 was a good street tyre until I tried the M7RR. More grip, quicker steering, better wear. About the only negative for me is less feel from the front than the Q3.

One big plus is that the rear grip has stayed consistent as the tyre wore. I've found that most tyres slip a little when down to the last 2-3 mm, but the M7RR still grips like it did when new.

#12 ·
The recommendations confuse me, I'm from Asia and my temp is even hotter than OP's homeland. I assume the higher temp will match higher Psi as the tires need less contact path to heat up? Lower temp will require flatter patch hence less Psi to heat up properly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.