Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

COTA March 11-12, 2017

5K views 52 replies 14 participants last post by  cfaddict 
#1 ·
I'm in the early planning stage...anybody else going to be there?

#4 ·
unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your position) with my house-full of kiddos and work/class schedule I had to decide between watching the race or riding the track... I was obligated to chose the latter; I want to see what this ole '15 feels like when cut loose!

man hotels are booking fast that weekend too! anybody got any hot spots or hangouts lmk. I did book but I can always change it up.

J

#10 ·
Starting to get prepped.... Mirrors off (need block offs yet), pass. pegs off, finally had time to convert to GP shift (so easy TY YAMAHA!), and a new lid to top it off no pun intended. still on the list.. decide on what rubber to use and maybe get one of those fancy panoramic vr type cameras...

Attachments

#37 ·
Sat was rain all day long. Lots and lots of water. I tossed the bike down the back straight at 150 mph in the first session. We both slid 500 feet, luckily the bike did not flip once in the gravel trap. Got her back together for the afternoon rain sessions. Busted the quickshifter though.

Sun was dry but cold, 48-49 degrees most of the day, a touch above 50 mid-afternoon, then colder again.

Dry session:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.