CRT rider question - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
MotoGP Forum for the latest in MotoGP news an events.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Speed Rules

CRT rider question

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Aspar+Valencia+Race

This was talked about in the past but never really went anywhere. So Aleix is best CRT rider, my response is, "So what?" It feels to me like CRT is a dead end for riders. Will a CRT rider ever get a chance to move out of CRT? Or is grabbing up good moto2 riders a better option for Factory and Satelite teams?

2006 GSXR600 sold, 2006 R1 sold, 2008 Busa traded 2008 ZX14 totalled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Moderatorasfcvk

A CRT rider can move up if he's got big sponsorship backing, but that's gonna be about it. Maybe one here and there can show enough potential, but it will be stepping from a CRT to one of the backmarker bikes.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Moving sucks...

Man, I feel bad for Colin.

He's gotta be as frustrated as Frank in a room full of women.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 07:15 AM
oh look.....supergal...

The CRT's are the future. The tech is going to be dumbed down, spec ecu's for everyone, then compulsory from 2014, but the manufacturers egged a deal where they lose another liter of fuel in order to retain software development rights on the new spec ecu. They now have to do it with FIVE engines per season (that's ridiculous if you ask me, a Bautista/Lorenzo incident can really screw you now) but the CRT's can still use MORE fuel and more engines per season. We've seen the back markers get lapped (not just talking about yesterdays race) quite a bit this season, and any 'battles' between them have always been well down the order. Pirro's 6th place finish was a fluke due to conditions, in the dry, a CRT (or Ducati) doesn't stand a chance at winning, a podium, or top 6 finish. 2013 will probably be the last time we get to see full on prototype bikes before they all have the same engines which will be really dumb

Stairway To Heaven was played on a telecaster, Another Brick In the Wall (part 2) was played on a Les Paul. Adjust your view of the universe accordingly
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Speed Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat1701 View Post
The CRT's are the future. The tech is going to be dumbed down, spec ecu's for everyone, then compulsory from 2014, but the manufacturers egged a deal where they lose another liter of fuel in order to retain software development rights on the new spec ecu. They now have to do it with FIVE engines per season (that's ridiculous if you ask me, a Bautista/Lorenzo incident can really screw you now) but the CRT's can still use MORE fuel and more engines per season. We've seen the back markers get lapped (not just talking about yesterdays race) quite a bit this season, and any 'battles' between them have always been well down the order. Pirro's 6th place finish was a fluke due to conditions, in the dry, a CRT (or Ducati) doesn't stand a chance at winning, a podium, or top 6 finish. 2013 will probably be the last time we get to see full on prototype bikes before they all have the same engines which will be really dumb
While I enjoy prototype racing, it will be nice not to have one company of bikes dominating all the time. Just my opinion. With the way bikes are now, they mitigate so much rider error, you end up with boring races.

But yeah, I see what you're saying about everyone moving to CRT anyways. I think it's a bad idea and it is going to to cause Motogp to lose a lot of fans the way they are going.

2006 GSXR600 sold, 2006 R1 sold, 2008 Busa traded 2008 ZX14 totalled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode