Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

MotoGP Fan Bullying

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  oma72 
#1 · (Edited)
MotoGP?s dark side: the twits and the trolls | Motor Sport Magazine

I think the worst (and somehow best by means of civility) way to show your disregard for an athlete of any kind would be for them to be met with utter silence! *crickets* I can't see myself booing someone who goes to work putting their life on the line everyday. Even if it is solely for entertainment purposes.

In all honesty it just seems like everyone has something to say and is not happy until it gets said, even if all it is, is "Boooo!"

#3 ·
Silence treatment is best, I agree.

Nevertheless they will be booed, I bet a lot, because these fans never had the opportunity to do it yet, and they're waiting for it.

Even if these riders feel threaten from the Italian fans @Mugello, they'll not get the "life threat" treatment with a bullet like Spanish fans did not longtime ago.

Fans extremism is bad for every sport. Showing some disagreement with the sportsmen when they behave unsportsmanlike is part of the game I guess.

#5 ·
They are professionals and if a little banter from the crowd upsets them they are in the wrong sport. I'll never forget watching Jeff Gordon get booed during the introductions at TMS a couple years back. Next thing you know some drunk ******* screams F-you, then threw his beer on the track and tried to climb the infield fence and get on the track. Two security people were literally hanging off the guys legs trying to get him down :lol This is before the race even started, I then knew I was at the right place for a good time :fact Back to the original point, they need to nut up and get over it. If people are hating on you, you are clearly doing something right.

#9 ·
Isn't the silent treatment the same thing as being booed?

Seriously people... Grow the fvck up. That's like calling someone the "B-word" instead of "b1tch." It's the exact same thing. Might as well just come out and say b1tch, just like they might as well just boo instead of the silent. One is no more respectful than the other. :shake

#18 ·
If someone chooses a profession where people mock them and choose whether they like you or not, That's on them!! Just like my job. But if your getting paid hundreds of thousands of $$$ or even Millions of $$$$$$ to do whatever it is you do, then SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!!!!! I have NO...I mean ZERO compassion for you....lol

Now if you act like a Tool (WhoreGay for instance) and all the above applies, Then I REALLY have Zero compassion for you. He invites that crap by how he acts. Just like some in my profession invite that haters as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.