01-30-2002, 08:14 AM
I have a few questions to ask on the EXUP and some other stuff.
1) I hear a squeaking noise from the EXUP valve when I turn the key to power up the bike.
2)My bike does'nt really lean when the kick stand is down. It is like the bike is sittin up straight.
3) How fast do you have to be going to power wheelie in 2nd gear.
And last but not least.
I need a maintainace book with a break down of the bike so I can do some of my own things like tune-ups, cleaning the carbs etc. ANY help would be greatly appreciated. :)
01-30-2002, 08:21 AM
I can answer on nr3.. it's not generally how fast you're going. it's more like where in the RPM's you are.
Just make sure you're timing everything. It's not like there is enough power in the R1 to do a smooth power wheelie in 2nd.. (well.. actually some might.. )
Standing up in 2nd and just accelerating will do the job. I know that for sure as I've tried it.
I have posted the R1 Manual's here:
01-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Good lookin out.
I was tryin it all day yesterday and it was not workin.
It was 70 degress in NY yesterday and I was out all day. Im sore . Sorry Swedie.
Yo Maxprimal , your in L.I., did you ride on these nice days??????
weather has been awesome! I'm in nassau county and I was out on my YZF this whole weekend- last night too- it felt like spring! any news about this weekend coming? I'm trying to get a ride together out to Sag Harbor - maybe get lunch at american hotel on saturday
01-30-2002, 09:52 AM
Hey Scud you in Nassau county huh????? There is good ridin on the Northern and Southern state pwys.
The weather is suppose to be like 45-50 degress saturday, but you never know it may get better.
if you get a ride together hit on the e-mail and if you dont mind, me and a couple of guys and girls would luv to rock. email@example.com What is Sag Habor anyways????:confused: ;)
01-30-2002, 09:55 AM
1. the squeaky noise is the exup going back to it´s resting position. If you´ve turned the ignition off while riding along the exup most probably isn´t in the correct position, but gpes to the correct position when you turn the ignition on again.
2. Have you altered the fork height on your bike? Lowering the front would effectively make the kickstand too long. (As would lowering the rear but no-one does that, right?)
3. If you´re in second gear, any given RPM corresponds to a certain road speed. On my bike the sweet spot in second is around 120 km/h (75 mph). As you hit 75, shut the thottle and whack it back open. WHEELIE!
01-30-2002, 11:10 AM
Thankz for all ur help fellas.
Another reason why I was asking these questions
is because I am tired of putting my bike in the shop and never feeling satisfied with the shops work or having to bring it back for a 2nd time to get looked at again because they don't know what they are doing.
I don't really trust bike shops especially here in
N.Y.C because they always give you a different answer to the same question every time you go.
If I could find a good motorcycle mechanics school in or around this area I would definately go.
But hey, that's just my 2 cents. ONE!!!!!
01-30-2002, 12:27 PM
I agree about the standing upright thing; depending on the bike you had before, the R1 seems to stand almost straight up compared to some. You get used to it.:p
01-31-2002, 10:29 PM
I do all the work on My bike !! Nobody can be trusted with My baby :machinegu :machinegu