Oh no...piss test! [Archive] - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

: Oh no...piss test!


simean
06-07-2005, 01:42 PM
So I had to take a 10-panel piss test today for a new job that I'm trying to get. I took 2 5mg vicodin pills this weekend for pain...am I screwed? My last day at my current job is this friday, and my hiring of the new job is dependent on this drug test!

R1-LRS-ABN
06-07-2005, 01:44 PM
If they asked you if you were on any prescription drugs before hand, you may be in trouble.

simean
06-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by R1-LRS-ARB
If they asked you if you were on any prescription drugs before hand, you may be in trouble.

they didn't ask me anything...just handed me the cup.

Aron213 ti
06-07-2005, 01:47 PM
if you are prescribed the Vicoden, then you should be clear, but you need to be upfront about it

spidey9494
06-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Get a doctors note for it and you should be fine.

ninja
06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Where I work the piss tests are done by a company that we have a contract with. if you test positive a Medical Review Officer calls you and asks is there any reason you tested positive for Vicodin. If you say yes and have a valid prescription and took it under a Dr. orders and conditions (like do not operate machinery) the "MRO" just ignores it and our company is none the wiser.

simean
06-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Aron213
if you are prescribed the Vicoden, then you should be clear, but you need to be upfront about it

The pills i took were from extras i had when i got my wisdom teeth pulled. i have a bad back as it is (my dr prescribes me muscle relaxers), and i took the vicodin because i did some yard work earlier in the day. shit...it seems as if i'm totally ****ed.

ninja
06-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by simean
The pills i took were from extras i had when i got my wisdom teeth pulled. i have a bad back as it is (my dr prescribes me muscle relaxers), and i took the vicodin because i did some yard work earlier in the day. shit...it seems as if i'm totally ****ed.

As long as you have less than 300 nanograms per milliliter you're good to go:thumbup

simean
06-07-2005, 02:33 PM
^^^^ What does that mean? I took 2 5's this past saturday...not a huge amount. i'm freaking out here...this is like a 100k a year job.

Cerebroden
06-07-2005, 02:43 PM
dude, i wouldn't be too worried about vicadin, first off, you can get scrips for it like candy...also its a pretty good bet that its would have been out of your system, three days, you should be fine, not to mention you were sweating alot over the weekend I imagine (yardwork?) i wouldn't worry at all, but if they ask, you be truthful, people always have left overs of scrips, shit whenever i'm in sarasota visiting the fam and I need any type of scrip i just go to the family medicine cabinet, there is so much backlogged in that bitch its funny, you have the original scrip for it for your teeth, doesn't matter if its old

Wolf-R1
06-07-2005, 03:00 PM
My first question to you is why are you getting a 100k/yr job but you're too stupid to NOT mention that you've taken these pills or consider your "wizz quiz" when you popped the pills?

Sorry to be so harsh man but this is common sense. Either don't take the pills if you know the test is coming or tell them when you pissed in the cup man. Common sense shouldn't be this difficult. :no

R1-LRS-ABN
06-07-2005, 03:03 PM
After hearing more of your story, I think you should be fine. If they didn't mention the prescription you should be ok. Don't sweat it. :thumbup Now go home and line up a couple grams of Coke and celebrate, the job is yours:jump :rock

simean
06-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Wolf-R1
My first question to you is why are you getting a 100k/yr job but you're too stupid to NOT mention that you've taken these pills or consider your "wizz quiz" when you popped the pills?


sometimes you've got other things on your mind...like trying to get out of there after waiting like over an hour just to piss in a cup so i can get back to my current job.

i'm not sure about you, but sometimes people forget about details concerning everyday life like taking a pill when they have pain.

i called the lab and they do realize that people forget to mention medications they're currently taking. they will ask you about any prescribed meds if tests come back positive.

Wolf-R1
06-07-2005, 04:01 PM
True, but doesn't that seem like a pretty high priority detail to remember considering what's at hand?

Whatever the case I do wish you luck. :thumbup

Kevap
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by simean
So I had to take a 10-panel piss test today for a new job that I'm trying to get. I took 2 5mg vicodin pills this weekend for pain...am I screwed? My last day at my current job is this friday, and my hiring of the new job is dependent on this drug test!

OK... lets get this straight... you took 2 500mg Vicodins? I don't think they even have 5mg pills.

I highly doubt this piss test will be looking for Vicodin in your system, they are only concerned with ILLEGAL DRUGS.

kc1717
06-07-2005, 05:35 PM
vicodin is a morphine derivitive, and the ammount you took is small, those 500mg caps are mostly acetaminophen.

i wouldnt be worried, but if you test pos for morphene, just simply tell them about the perscription and back pain.



also, it ca make a hugh difference,....was it the first pee of the day (very bad, much higher concentration of toxins),...or where you hydrated and flowing, and was it clear to light yellow. ( if not, my guess if you might test pos)

ps: i work for a drug testing company

Valerossi
06-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Or you can always tell your little brother to piss you a cup in advance... :sneaky :D

simean
06-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by kc1717

also, it ca make a hugh difference,....was it the first pee of the day (very bad, much higher concentration of toxins),...or where you hydrated and flowing, and was it clear to light yellow. ( if not, my guess if you might test pos)

ps: i work for a drug testing company

it was my 2nd piss of the day, and it was mainly clear...i had a nice big cup of coffee at about 8am...pissed in the cup about 11am.

walkerk
06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by simean
^^^^ What does that mean? I took 2 5's this past saturday...not a huge amount. i'm freaking out here...this is like a 100k a year job.


uhm.. you'll be ok. trust me. 2 pills would have been out of your system in a day and a half. trust me.. i've been there and much worse in the past. :fact