Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Mounting Contour GPS.

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Stonewall 
#1 ·
I just purchased a Contour GPS camera. I plan on mounting it to my helmet and also on the triple clamp possibly through the steering stem/head. I was thinking about making a custom mount for the steering stem, similar to how the bar ends mount with the rubber grommets. About 2 inches above the steering stem nut I wanted a threaded bolt that can mount to the Controur universal mounting kit.

I did a google search and found RAM mounts, but they didn't have anything like that. Even though the GPS camera has the option to use the dash ware program to display speed, trail, location, etc, I wanted to have a partial view of the guages through the windscreen.

If anyone knows where I can find a mount post the link. If you have fabricated your own custom mounting brackets for your bike post a picture. If you have a GPS camera with Dash Ware post the video. I have a Cali trip in two weeks and I want to record some of the roads with my new camera and mount. :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the lead! So I just needed to dig a little deeper.. I found all the parts to make it work. So if you plan on doing this you'll need:

1 RAM-B-237U UNPKD. RAM 1" BALL W/ 1/4"-20 ALUM STUD Each 1 0 0 $7.63 $7.63
2 RAM-B-201U UNPKD RAM DOUBLE SOCKET ARM FOR 1" BALL Each 1 0 0 $13.57 $13.57
3 RAM-B-342U UNPKD RAM CYCLE STEM BASE W/ 1" DIA BALL Each 1 0 0 $16.38 $16.38

AND the Universal mounting kit sold on the Contour site.

http://store.contour.com/contour-universal-mount-adapter-p13.aspx

EDIT: I believe item #1 is the same as the Contour Universal mount + 1" ball.
either way I already ordered the GPS camera with the Universal mount, Flush mount, 32G memory card, extra battery, and wall charger. I got the app (it's free) and you do not need the Contour Connect View Card if you are using Android. If you are using an iPhone you will need the View Card.

Attachments

#4 ·
Got the Contour GPS camera with accessories and RAM mount for my steering stem. I did a little test run and works, mounts, looks great! I'll link the video once I get it uploaded.

Also, if you go for this setup you'll need to get the universal mounting kit (basically the mount base that fits onto the camera with a threaded hole at the bottom for mounting. from Contour's website)

Attachments

#6 ·
I got the new contour2 not too long ago and its pretty wicked, it shoots great video and can link to your smartphone via bluetooth to line up shots, I was never a fan of mounting cameras on the steering rack or the gas tank and wanted it discrete. So i mounted it to the side of the windshield on the inside.

I have a tinted shield so at night its not the best of views, but during the day its great

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.