Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

12 R1 Stock Headlights On 09-11 R1

160K views 513 replies 106 participants last post by  Tad158 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where to buy 2012 front light like this? is it fit to 2009?

See less See more
#5 ·
#9 ·
lol its cool... Not sure about 540 bucks cool... If I could line somebody up to buy my stockers, maybe.

#12 ·
Guate...Let me know how the nose lines up with those side fairings..I was just at yamaha again and I swear there is a difference the last 2 inches of the sides on the top edge. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how they line up or if it is going to take the side fairings as well

#14 ·
Parts guy at my dealer said they wont fit because the part numbers are different. Service manager and i looked at a '12 sitting on the showroom floor this week sitting next to an '09-'11 and we both agreed that the mids are the same based on visual side by side comparison. We also agreed that the only differences are upper and headlight.

#22 ·
subscribed as well!

Guate, check PM.. look forward to pics.. clarification on fitment..

#23 ·
Parts will fit, one way to tell its by looking at the inner panels 14B-2836K-00-00 and 14B-2836L-00-00 these panels are the same for 09 to 12, if the side panel, (which is the one z064life thinks is longer) was longer, then the inner panel would have to be longer also, otherwise there would be a gap or a hole.

#32 ·
Just a short update guys, according to UPS I'm supposed to be getting the parts Monday by the end of the day, I took the headlight and front fairing off just a bit ago, so when I get the stuff Monday, I'll be able to compare all the mounting points as I keep my bikes in storage, so at least I will know they match, I'll post some pictures and some comments on Monday nite or early Tuesday. All that shit BETTER FIT!

#33 ·
hey thank for the update... could you please do me one small favour...

could you see if you can fit the UPPER to the 09-11 headlight as i'm sure some
of us are wondering.. I am not sure if i'll be getting my CF nose and I really
dont wanna have to purchase a '12 headlight just to get this cool little nose... if there is a gap up front where the light clear strip is.. how big is it? maybe a picture!?
can it be filled in with proper LED strip!??? thanks again! you rock!

good luck with it all... thanks for taking on the challenge.!

#35 ·
hah... you're in the same boat as me then... luckyly i got the day off today... :)

thanks... look forward to the pics..

#38 ·
Sub'd - following with interest.

My local dealer told me today that the stay is different too as the mounts for the headlight are slightly different. Guess your gonna find out if this is true or not.

They look the same to me....

#40 · (Edited)
shite.. you may be correct!??

'12 R1 Stay :: STAY 1 #14B-28356-10-00
'09-'11 R1 Stay :: STAY 1 #14B-28356-00-00

verified @ mrcycles.com yamaha parts fiche..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.