Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Drag Timesheets, Tips, & Mods

89K views 302 replies 76 participants last post by  Nyello 
#1 ·
This is a thread where everyone comes and post there track day times that way we can always gauge ourselves against our brothers here on the forum...now the only way this is going to work is if we stay honest dont need no boosting of times and exaggerating of runs. lets get it started by everyone posting up there latest times maybe there last run of this season (07) and what they have done as of right now and then as we go along we can post performance mods and during the offseason and then when the new season starts we can all make sure we are updated on parts and post our times after each track day .....and what we did different from the last track day as far as mods and riding style....
our great moderator Goobr said he will help and resize and try to clear up our timesheets if we need it email them to his at ZRXer AT tampabay DOT rr DOT com (ZRXer@tampabay.rr.com)

OK HERE ARE THE RULES TO KEEP THIS CLEAN
1 must have a timesheet to post some how either a picture of one or scanned but has to be a picture of a time sheet

2 must post the trackname and the date for runs

3 must be willing to take constructive critisim and answer questions about your riding techniques, mods, etc. (everyone helping everyone)

4 Dont lie, Dont exaggerate lets just keep it real here

5 all post that are off topic and PW post will be removed on sight

6 If there are rules or amendments to rules need to be added hit me up here on the thread (lets keep everything out in the open) and as a whole we can make it happen this is a group effort not a dictatorship

See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
This is a good idea, i was thinking of doing the same thing. Its nice to see how you are doing in comparison to others. Wish i could still go racing, i hate winter. I will try and get some slips and vids up.

#7 ·
Thanks for the. Support here racedguy can't wait to see those slips and vids its winter for me too and like I said I missed the last races cause of last minute bs but you know what winter means upgrades. Its all a part of racing. I can't wait to get my sidewinder you and 1LONGR1 make me sick everytime I see your bike
j/p na but raced what are you doing this winter

#8 ·
The bike didnt make the power i thought it would, mabye its roached out i dont know its got almost 12k of hard miles. Either way im going to yank the motor, drop in some nitrous pistions, get the head ported, valve job, that kinda stuff and the a nice little shot of the go gas. Im happy because its the only r1 drag bike when we go to the tracks and its doing better than i thought it would.

#9 ·
Sounds good I hope your doing a dry shot and are going progressive (I would) I'm tryin not to drag my R1 just cause its my only streetbike but my friends and colleagues (zuke & kawi fans ) are testin me and my patients. So I might do a lil to it and blaze them a couple times and the mirock series in my area is thinkin bout startin a true street class that I might be ibterested in runnin its a no turbo low budget class sounds fun i'll post a link tomm to the tread on pshycobike.com where are you located raced?

#10 ·
Yeah it will be progressive for sure. I like that my buddy with a 50shot on his busa cant run me down until after the the 1320 mark, but my 60fts and 330s are alot better.

#12 ·
progressive is only way to go. motors on 04-06 respond well to nitrous.. they flat out love it.. but u have to control it. i can change my build time on nitrous from 2.8 secs to 3.0 seconds.. both will run same time.. but 2.8 will wheelie violently and go nutz... and when on 3.0 build it will be nice smooth and seems slow.

#13 · (Edited)
03 r1 doin it big

03 r1 stock motor with thin head gasket, lowered, geared, strapped ,extended, full muzzy exhaust ,40 shot dry nos kit, air shifter,bmc air filter,barnett sr3 clutch conversion with heavy springs, velocity stacks, slide stops,custom airbox, power commander,and u4. went a 9.06@144 off the throttle around the 1000ft. (ran out of gear). been 9.28@145 on motor (perfect wheather). races were held at cecil county dragway 10/31/07.

Attachments

#14 ·
03 r1 stock motor with thin head gasket, lowered, geared, strapped ,extended, full muzzy exhaust ,40 shot dry nos kit, air shifter,bmc air filter,barnett sr3 clutch conversion with heavy springs, velocity stacks, slide stops,custom airbox, power commander,and u4. went a 9.06@144 off the throttle around the 1000ft. (ran out of gear). been 9.28@145 on motor (perfect wheather). races were held at cecil county dragway 10/31/07.
thats whats up man i see ur in maryland so i know you go to MIR ill probably see you up there next season i am going to setup my R1 for next season.....

1LongR1 hey i may hit you up for some insight cause i am going to go ahead and drop some nitrous on my bike over the winter and i know you have played with it for a lil while so i am gonna take some of your knowledge and use it..so look foward to some questions down the line ill do it here instead of a PM that way no one will ask you the same questions later and if they do you can just send them here

#15 ·
no problems.. be glad to help... tell u this.. dont buy kit complete.. 1/2 is useless on bike. better to piece together what u need.. ull have less money and just stuff u need.

#16 ·
Ok yea I am definetly going to do that we know all bout that at the shop. But let me ask you this with what you have listed for your R1 what are you running cause I am tryin to use mine to be competitve in that True Street class if the rules are tight enough aint really worring about being the top dog cause I am sure there will be some big money cheaters out there but I want to be competitve with the field as a whole I am gonna do my head stretch it to 64 on racedays do my nitrous shot sidewinder but I'm a lot heavier than you i'll be about 200 205 by race season but I am trying to get a gauge of what ur runnin and what is ur wheelbase

#21 ·
Yea I know I am definetly gonna use it for education part but mostly for the seat time on the new bike completly new brand of bike shorter wheel base. Less aftermarket part that make the bike easier to ride. So I am definetly going to need the seat time it shouldn't be too bad sinnce it willbe my street bike

#30 ·
Sounds like your buddy can't ride. I was going 9.40's stock motor at 61" on my Busa and it is more of a street bike than your R1...LOL
I know he isnt the best rider but even on the freeway going from a roll i still take him off the spary by a fair amount. I dont care though as long as im beating him im happy. I am running pretty consistent with all the bolt on busas that are at the track so im happy with where the bike wast at. Now its getting torn down and built up for some spray.

#31 ·
Ive got a question maybe yall could help me out - ive got a 2001 champ ed r1 that ive been racing for about 3 years now ran short until last two races of last season( i run semdra www.semdra.org)if yall have ever heard of it any way bike ran right on 6.60s short occasionally mid 50s put the extensions and a shinko on and ran a 6.39 at carolina dragway in october and 10.00 @ 135 in gainsville at prostar world finals. Now to the question i want to run the new street fighter class which is 9.50 and need to get there the cheapest way possible. Thinkin spray but dont know the best kit to buy and dont know how much I would need. Currently bike is completely stock internals strapped lowered front and back extensions,geared, and air shifter. got a kn high flow air filter ordered so any suggestions on nitrous kit or any other past experieces with this bike would be appreciated! Would i need to get the clutch conversion for nitrous to get rid of pressure plate? would engine handle the nitrous? thanks

#32 ·
does bike have full system?? jet kit? whats ur weight? at least running 15 on front. any dry shot will get u .4 in 1/4 with 40 shot. for that bike u need wet kit. all are pretty generic and u have to set it up so it fits. i would get progressive controller, and rpw window switch. course with prostar u have to run ballast blanket if u run nitrous at all. rpm windw switch and progressive controller let u dial it in. u can add or take away power, delay power( some controllers have delay) so if ur bike runs like 9.49, u might want to delay when it comes on, or change rpm it comes on(window switch)

i will tell you this from running super street class in TXSOm its same index. i was #1 qualifier at all but 1 race, ended up 2nd in points( me in first at last race, and guy in 2nd went down to finals in final race, broke out, ran 9.48, he ran 9.51) first 3 races, even qual #1, i was just adding 20 shot in 2nd gear only. my bike on motor ran 9.57s so it needed @ .1. even tho it worked. i didnt think it would be consistent enuff to win class(again tho i went to finals in 2 of first 3 races and was #1 qual) so i added window switch. it would run nitrous in all gears.. but i could add delay in box, or start nitrous in between a small window. initially i set it up for 20 shot(lowest i could go on box) and for it to come on at 10k rpms and go off at 11k rpms. figured that would get me .1. but friday night TNT i ran out of fuel i used c-16, and went back to pump gas(stock motor and stock exhaust) so it didnt need that fuel, just safety for nitrous. filled up with pump gas, and bike ran 9.48 first pass, so i didnt need nitrous at all. in end on pump fuel bike ran 9.30s and i had to short shift to slow it down. i will tell u this. if u cant run 9.50-9.57 or so every pass, its tough class. first race wont be where everyone runs #, but once they figure it out.. top guys are all gonna run 9.50-9.55 each time.. comes down to tree and running index.

and ues sr3 spring conversion will help, tho not must..unless u use alot of nitrous.. again i would do it anyways. or run 2 diaphram springs. dont use filter.. it wont help... made @ 50 passes on dyno tuning my 00 with stock and KN filter.. 1 hp different(more with KN) but at track bike wouldnt run as fast with it as stock filter. but u can try for urself and see what it does. also look at maybe getting head ported and polished, and run thinner gasket( split stock on..there is thread on mech section on headwork and all info on splitting stock gasket). getting .5 out of nitrous system, means u will have to spray pretty much off get go..which is why i think u need progressive.. u will need at least 40 to get there..but spraying 40-50 in first... well maybe too much and make it hard to ride. in that class its about being consistent and running #.

contact BSR-1 about head... he does good work pretty cheap.. see what he can do for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.