Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Jelizondo_20 build thread

11K views 128 replies 27 participants last post by  jelizondo_20 
#1 ·
So got an 07 R1, I installed K&N air filter but basically everything else is stock. I got 150 dollars on hand and I wanted to find out whats a better bang for my buck out of these choices...
1-A&R Racing Baffles
2-Alpinestar Heated gloves *I live in San Diego, so I might buy winter gloves instead*
3-some type of ECU reflash *not too familiar with this*
4-520 chain and sprocket kit

Help me please...

#46 ·
Remember, the tighter you wrap the fiberglass the louder it will be, loose will be quieter. Lets just say that my baffles with y pipe no make me have to wear ear plugs when I ride its THAT loud

#57 ·
I did mine within 45 mins. 2nd one was a pain. Gotta make sure u get the bottom of the baffle to slide over the pipe in the back of the can. Then twist to make sure the longest point of the baffle is at the top of the can and the cap should go on pretty easy after. Also wait to put the threaded clips for the screws on until after you get a good test fit on bc they like to snag the fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

#60 ·
We do t have the flashing options here in south africa and we are too stuck in our old ways to try it....

But i had a bone stock 08 and small upgrades i found usefull and clean up the looks is stompgrip which helps alot with leg grip and sitting nice n tight, a puig screen really adds to look and makes quite a difference to keeping head stable at speed n flush indicators and mirror blanks to clean up the look
Oh and did the 520 trick whick i reccomend.

Sofar im dead happy

Attachments

#72 · (Edited)
I took her out for a quick ride to see if anything would fly off while pushing it to her limits. The two things I noticed while riding is how loud she is now and there are some blowbacks when I release the throttle.

When I got home I noticed a melted or bent in part on one of the end caps.
Light Ceiling Lighting Material property Room

I'm also adding a quick video I did with my iphone...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.