Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

09 starter failure picture!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Joker BANAJA 
#1 ·
For those of you having starter problem on your 09+, this is most likely the problem. The magnets sometime come unglued, and either fall out, or join together as one solid magnet, which is what mine did. Which then becomes to strong and fights the polarity of the starter. I got word from the dealer that Yami is going to cover the entire job ($700) outside of warranty! If you work with the right people, ask nicely, and be patient, Yami will work with you!! What a great manufacture, this definitely strengthens my ties to Yamaha Motor Co.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
here are many problem with r1 2009-2011:

1-The heat of the engine will decrease the pulling power of the magnet in the starter
2-The fans will Eat 1.5 v dc from the battery while the engine is not running
So it will be very difficult to start the engine

The solution is :
1- put the key ,put on the switch, wait for 2 sec and push the starter switch to start if not
Wait until the sound of the injector fuel is clear and start again
Keep some time between around 2 second and
Repeat the operation for maximum three time
The motorbike will start

2- don't try to start the Engine while the fan is running

I DONE THIS and I don't have now any problems with the starter or battery

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#11 ·
The problem is not the starter or the battery

My advice to every one have starter problem:
1-push the starter after the sound is clear
2-don't push the starter if the fan is running you have to wait for the engine to cool down then you can start
3-don't switch off the engine direct
You must wait at least for 2 minutes before switch off the engine
Because the injector will have some fuel must be burn , so it will be difficult to burn the fuel when you start the engine next day

My advice give some time 2 minutes before switching off the engine and the extra fuel in the injector will clear
And you can start the engine next day Easley

Thankx for every one

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.